Applied Ballistics Mobile app

I too would like to see some tests on the Barnes match burners. The .308 175 and 7mm 171 are getting ridiculous results from my rifles.

Hi,

I've recently bought your mobile application (order #12999763169054705758.1328847294566749) and when I tested it, I found out that the automatic atmosphere function was not working, when I tried to use it, the application showed the next message "Failed to get current conditions from weather service". I thought it was for the availability of the service at my location (I live in Arequipa – Perú) but then I tried another application that you recommend in your web site, "Shooter" application, and actually its automatic atmosphere function works very well, I tested the application on a Samsung Galaxy Note whit Android 2.3.6. So, I request your support whit this failure.

PD: I apologize for my bad writing, Spanish is my mother language

I seem to be having a problem with the program, that or my thinking (which is more than likely the problem).

I did all my zero data at 65 degrees. Being much cooler in the morning hours now, I adjusted my temperature at the target screen to show the change and get an output of less adjustment. That seems to be completely backwards from what it should be.

Can somebody tell me where I went wrong.:)

Dear Bryan,

Do you plan to add additional features like:

- vertical deflection of crosswind
- multiple wind sources and directions
- reloading / firearms / targets log

Best regards

How do i get it to automatically fill out the atmosphere section? Will it even do it?
Noob question but cant figure it out. Thanks

Does shooter app fill out the atmosphere automatically?

Thanks

How do i get it to automatically fill out the atmosphere section? Will it even do it?

Thanks

Do you have a Kestrel for Bluetooth connection? If not, then you will be doing it manually no matter which app you use.

Thanks

They both will. You have 2 choices, using Bluetooth , or on the first page when you open the app. In the lower right corner the little round insignia, choose it and then check the box "Automatic Atmosphere" That will locate you by using GPS and between that and the closest weather station will input the current field data for your position for you. You will have to have cell service for this mode. We have tested this and it was surprisingly accurate. But I still choose to manually enter it as I am usually out of cell.

Jeff

Ok cool that makes sense. Now two questions

1) what kestrel is recommended? will any other than the ballistic kestrel work?

2) is there any website that accurately gives the information?

Thanks

Ok cool that makes sense. Now two questions

1) what kestrel is recommended? will any other than the ballistic kestrel work?

2) is there any website that accurately gives the information?

Thanks

Yes, there are a few models but it needs to have the BT option. I would go to Kestrel's website and they have a comparison chart there. Note some models are available with or without BT.

Jeff

They both will. You have 2 choices, using Bluetooth , or on the first page when you open the app. In the lower right corner the little round insignia, choose it and then check the box "Automatic Atmosphere" That will locate you by using GPS and between that and the closest weather station will input the current field data for your position for you. You will have to have cell service for this mode. We have tested this and it was surprisingly accurate. But I still choose to manually enter it as I am usually out of cell.

Jeff

Hey Jeff

I'm on an Android phone, and I don't see an insignia. When I open the app I have a blank screen that says applied ballistics at The top, with firearms library right underneath it

Thanks

Hey Jeff

I'm on an Android phone, and I don't see an insignia. When I open the app I have a blank screen that says applied ballistics at The top, with firearms library right underneath it

Thanks

I am on an older Droid X. On that page I have Applied Ballistics at the top. Below that my list of firearms, then at the bottom I have the "add firearm" tab in the center, a smaller square back tab on the left of that and a small square that is a edit preferences tab on the right of the add firearm tab.

Jeff

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.