Any West Coast Camo Advice: California?

Discussion in 'Equipment Discussions' started by Pcweidman, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Pcweidman

Pcweidman Active Member

Dear west coast experience hunters. I am heading out in mid February for this southern hog killer to try his hand at some west coast leaners! I am very pumped! I will be outside Hollister with guide Mathew McGrough. I am a long range hunter and will have mathew put me in a spot to try to get my first kille at 1000 yards. I figure the plains will offer that shot. Even though at that long of distance camo pattern is not 100% necessary I still may not get offered. Shot and find myself the in need of a stalk.

Can you all give me the best camo for out there? I like technical gear like UA, Archterex, First Lite, Sitka, and Kryptex. Thanks in advance!gun)

2. kcebcj

kcebcj Well-Known Member

Grew up hunting Blacktails and hogs in the Coast Range of central California. "ASAT" (all season all terrain) works well.

3. Pcweidman

Pcweidman Active Member

Yeah i keep hearing check out the First Lite ASAT for out west.

Thanks bro!

Any advice on hog hunting out west? I am going to try to join the 1k yard club! I have a kill at 750 but my new rifle will go over 1k and I want the plaque! haha

I have killed hogs all over the country and have 8 hanging on my wall at my club. I hear good things about these coastal plains hogs though and am excited. I want and oreo or a red for my wall from out west.

Thanks again.