Too much camo?

I'm going to omit black all together. I used what I had on the shelf which wasn't exactly ideal. I bought 2 greens 2 Browns and khaki for the final paint job. I'm going to use the dark brown and dark green rather than black.

Tried multiple sponges and this type works best for me. Been cutting pieces off as I go for each color. Hobby lobby $3

Attachments

• 3DC3F67D-3F4F-4F09-9D37-FC837D42414F.jpeg
    3DC3F67D-3F4F-4F09-9D37-FC837D42414F.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 87
On a car when you paint bumper cover's and other plastic parts you have to add flux tot he paint so the paint does not flake when the plastic flexes some. Clean and surface prep are often the most important things people get wrong. I do not have any experience painting a modern cheap very flexible synthetic stock! My experience is with car's, planes, rifles metal parts, arts and crafts, musical instruments, electronic cover's mostly metal and the like.

So with all of that said dipping would likely be the best way to get the exact look you want. As I am sure you know it takes a lot of layering and masking to get the best possible appearance when spraying a finish on something and that is were the skill comes in.

On a car when you paint bumper cover's and other plastic parts you have to add flux tot he paint so the paint does not flake when the plastic flexes some. Clean and surface prep are often the most important things people get wrong. I do not have any experience painting a modern cheap very flexible synthetic stock! My experience is with car's, planes, rifles metal parts, arts and crafts, musical instruments, electronic cover's mostly metal and the like.

So with all of that said dipping would likely be the best way to get the exact look you want. As I am sure you know it takes a lot of layering and masking to get the best possible appearance when spraying a finish on something and that is were the skill comes in.
The good thing is that the stock is not too flexible. Prep is definitely key on the finished product. I have about 20 years of background in chemical coatings, but gun stocks are a little different as are the products I'm using. I do not have the aplicating equipment as I had when in the business.

I think it's funny when I see a Camo wallet or phone case, that is the last thing I want lol.
Some of my friends laugh, but I buy binoculars, 2 way radios, and all other small items I may have out with me in the field in whatever color option they may have. It makes them easier to find in my pack and also when they are laying on the floor in a blind.

Got the confidence to paint my T3 lite stock today. No black this time. I used dark and medium brown, dark and medium green, and khaki. I'm pretty happy with it.

Attachments

• C8697D75-B47E-4BEC-9019-3590330DE456.jpeg
    C8697D75-B47E-4BEC-9019-3590330DE456.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 60
Another pic

Attachments

• F4F62DF6-5FF7-4CD8-BAC9-F6169EFA8858.jpeg
    F4F62DF6-5FF7-4CD8-BAC9-F6169EFA8858.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 66
Checked out ALOT of options before rattle can painting my shotgun and rifle. I tried digital stencils on my shotgun, turned out alright. I am very content with my REM 700 sponge camo paint job. Using all flat colors, you can pick whatever color scheme you desire, I choose mine to match the Tundra we have here in North West Alaska. Basically take off all you don't want painted, cleaned with rubbing alcohol, sprayed at 45 degree angle 4-5" alternating between dark green and dark brown, using a sea sponge with paint on a plate, dab green on the brown, and brown on the green. Than I added some tan, rust and black everywhere. Now I might cover it with DuraCoat matte (flat) clear coat.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.