Too much camo?

Maybe break up the colors a bit. Some darker areas, some lighter areas. It will break up the shape of the stock better. But paint scheme looks great.

As Garand Thumb would say on you tube, "nothing else matters if you don't look cool" rock on, I painted all of my AR's but I also plan on keeping them!
A good camo paint job cuts your group size down up to 1" lol. I just don't want to have a rifle that looks like total sh@t, but do want to make it camo for some stalking hunts and ground blinds.

Nice job. I've painted stocks off and on for 30+ years. I only use 3/4 flat earthy colors in a fairly large pattern. I use the textured spray paint from Lowes. Has like little rubble pellets in it. It's awesome stuff for keeping a good grip on your rifle with wet or bloody hands.

Nice job. I've painted stocks off and on for 30+ years. I only use 3/4 flat earthy colors in a fairly large pattern. I use the textured spray paint from Lowes. Has like little rubble pellets in it. It's awesome stuff for keeping a good grip on your rifle with wet or bloody hands.
How does the textured paint hold up?

My DIY rifle. Stock is Boyds, krylon and torn sponge.
gen2stockpainting 006.JPG
Gen2completion 036.JPG

Looks great! How do you like the stock? Is that the Varmint model?
They originally called it "Tacticool". I'm glad they changed the name to Varmint. The only thing I think could be better is the slight drop from comb to butt. I'd rather it was straight like their JRS Classic model. I had to open up the barrel channel for my heavy contour, and pillar bedded the action at both screws, leaving the tang and everything forward of the recoil lug free floating. Seems to work just fine. The rifle in the back is identical but for the paint job. Same four colors, just different approach to the execution.

Sea sponge pattern I'm playing with on a junk stock, almost happy with it.

Attachments

• CE481FF5-B35D-4C14-ADBC-8AF14B9C5D54.jpeg
    CE481FF5-B35D-4C14-ADBC-8AF14B9C5D54.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 98
74E30DF8-6558-4475-B385-05DD4435D1BF.jpeg
I think it got a little darker than I wanted but that's why we practice on junk first lol
A little dark for my area of the woods, but may fit yours. I am still trying to find the right color blend for mine as well. This is with Khaki base, the original pics are black vase color.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.