Another new barrel manufacturer ...

There are better ways to spend your money, they pulled 3 barrels AFTER lapping for me to bore scope two they could not let me look at due to them being so poor and a second had one bad spot in it but I was able to give it a little look. There are a couple warning signs, I would not order a fluted barrel due to their process.
A friend of a friend was going to get two to try in a bench gun, one barrel was scrap the second would not shoot under 3 inches. I was going to order a couple for fire forming barrels but that's about the end of it. They have a lot of work to do but they do have some good tools, the gun drill is top of the line just hope they have the skill to keep it that way!

I purchased a pre-fit stainless, heavy barrel sporter from XCaliber for my 7mm rm & love it! It shoots lights out & the best groups of any rifle I've ever owned.

I picked up a 338 1/9 blank from them but I'm still waiting for my smith to get it screwed on. The service was great, I purchased the blank on ebay and sent it back to have it contoured. They had it back to me within two weeks. I'll report back when its done.

My 7mm Long Range Hunter is completed, has an 8 twist 30" X-Caliber barrel on it, have 100 pcs of brass mom banged but have not fired any loaded ammo yet .... still waiting on my dies from Whidden

I also have an 8 twist 25" 375 caliber X-Caliber barrel for my 375 Hog Stomper wildcat that is going to be built next ....

..... 7mm Long Range Hunter in pic ......

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    294.9 KB · Views: 60
I'm going to swing in a give them a visit, I read that one of the owners moved out here from Broughton which is encouraging but have not validated that. The price is a little steep but if the quality is there it's not an issue.

Did something happen with the pricing recently? I ordered one in February, it was $125 cheaper than Shillen and probably $80 cheaper than brux.

Did something happen with the pricing recently? I ordered one in February, it was $125 cheaper than Shillen and probably $80 cheaper than brux.
No that was looking at their pricing when they first had the barrel comfigurator up which is not on the site anymore. They should be priced significantly lower than Brux or Shilin, their a long ways from getting there, I hope they can make it but there is some major stuff they need to work out before having a consistent long range precision product.

My cousin has a X-Caliber barrel on his custom .270 WSM built off a Weatherby Vanguard action. His barrel is finished at a little over 28" I believe, and measures 1" at the muzzle with a 1-7.5 twist. His original plan was to shoot 175gr Matrix VLDs but they were out of stock so he ordered some 165s instead. The rifle doesn't shoot amazing at 100yds, around 1/2" but he has shot multiple groups at 700yds that were like 2.5"-3"! I couldn't believe how well it shoots at distance.

They are still a small company, but if they gain any better of a reputation and guys start to use more of them with success, I may consider them. You can pick these barrels up cheap on eBay. I believe my cousin Justin only paid like $120 for a blank. The price makes me leery of them, but his shoots, maybe he just got lucky... I don't know. :cool:

finished .257 Roberts a few weeks ago with X-Cal bbl. with Rem. Mtn rifle conture.
extremely pleased with quality of blank and it is proving to be an excellent shooter.
As with any bbl, i think the quality of install makes all the difference.

I have used these barrels in quite a few builds 300wm, 6.5x284, 26 nosler, 6.5saum, 270win, 280 ackley and all have shot .543 and under with hand loads. Built a 260 rem on a tc venture for my son for Christmas and with factory federal ammo it shoots right at a 3/4" group @ 100. Im very happy with their barrels I have 3 more 6.5mm fluted barrels on order should be here this week, and will be ordering more.

I am ordering 2 more in 6.5mm and one in 7mm. i have to agree, the guy making the fit has more to do with it than the mystical properties of a barrel.

My name is Tim North . I am the only owner of Broughton 5C® Rifle Barrels for over 13 years. We are still in Wisconsin and going strong. I have not moved.

We even offer a 5C® blanks in stock program for quick delivery in small quantities of custom contoured barrels in common calibers and twists . This is in addition to our standard production. This is a result of changes to improve the services to all customers over the last year. We are going strong in Wisconsin.

Tim North, President
Broughton 5C® Rifle Barrels

Last edited by a moderator:
My name is Tim North . I am the only owner of Broughton 5C® Rifle Barrels for over 13 years. We are still in Wisconsin and going strong. I have not moved.

We even offer a 5C® blanks in stock program for quick delivery in small quantities of custom contoured barrels in common calibers and twists . This is in addition to our standard production. This is a result of changes to improve the services to all customers over the last year. We are going strong in Wisconsin.

Tim North, President
Broughton 5C® Rifle Barrels

Someday, I too would like to try your barrels. However, I think your post is best as a stand alone. Cheers!

Ed

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts