Another new barrel manufacturer ...

More expensive than krieger for a button barrel? Its always good to have more options though.

A few months back I had a lengthy conversation with John Frost of X-Caliber, we discussed my need for a 30" 8 Twist 7mm barrel for my new wildcat the 7mm LRH designed to run the 195 & 208 gr W3PS bullets, he agreed to make one for me and within a few weeks I had one in my hands and it was a beauty !! X -Caliber made it to my exact dimensions and the fluting was top notch, they even blasted it to give it that frosted look, very nice finish on the bbl..... won't even bother with cerakote on this one it is sharp !!

a couple weeks after that I got a call from X-Caliber barrels and this time it was from Gary Sutton, he explained to me that a recent batch of barrels that were not stress relieved got mixed up inadvertently and were shipped out, he assured me that my barrel was probably not affected in the recall but they were still making me a new identical barrel for replacement, I told him I had not done any work on the blank and will send it back, Gary told me to keep the barrel and they will send a new one free of charge,

all he asked was that I give him an update on the barrel to see how it shoots ......

I will chamber both in 7mm LRH and see how they shoot the 180gr Bergers, my batch of W3PS 195gr and 208 gr RBT Tac tipped bullets are almost done and there will be a lot of gunfire this winter !!!

a big thank you and respect .....to John, Gary and all at X-Caliber Barrels,

will be ordering a 7 twist 6.5mm barrel once they get the button !

A few months back I had a lengthy conversation with John Frost of X-Caliber, we discussed my need for a 30" 8 Twist 7mm barrel for my new wildcat the 7mm LRH designed to run the 195 & 208 gr W3PS bullets, he agreed to make one for me and within a few weeks I had one in my hands and it was a beauty !! X -Caliber made it to my exact dimensions and the fluting was top notch, they even blasted it to give it that frosted look, very nice finish on the bbl..... won't even bother with cerakote on this one it is sharp !!

a couple weeks after that I got a call from X-Caliber barrels and this time it was from Gary Sutton, he explained to me that a recent batch of barrels that were not stress relieved got mixed up inadvertently and were shipped out, he assured me that my barrel was probably not affected in the recall but they were still making me a new identical barrel for replacement, I told him I had not done any work on the blank and will send it back, Gary told me to keep the barrel and they will send a new one free of charge,

all he asked was that I give him an update on the barrel to see how it shoots ......

I will chamber both in 7mm LRH and see how they shoot the 180gr Bergers, my batch of W3PS 195gr and 208 gr RBT Tac tipped bullets are almost done and there will be a lot of gunfire this winter !!!

a big thank you and respect .....to John, Gary and all at X-Caliber Barrels,

will be ordering a 7 twist 6.5mm barrel once they get the button !

That's an awesome compliment!

That barrel will be smoking ... what groove did you end up getting?

Looking forward to your field reviews. Cheers!

Awesome customer service.

Um if you want to contribute to the 284/26 Nosler project with that 'spare'..... LOL

The configurator on the web site is very well done.

I'm looking forward to a review.

update

got my free replacement X-Caliber barrel on Saturday, identical to the first as promised by Gary @ X-Caliber, gonna use the first one for fireforming brass and working up loads, also gonna push the new wildcat to the max just to see how long throat will last before setback,

Looks like I'll be ordering a 7 twist 6.5mm barrel from these guys for my new wildcat the 6.5 Wolf Killer

I've had the gun parts and reamer for some time now, for some reason my go gauge didn't get made at the same time as the reamer, just got it in around Christmas and waiting for my turn to get chamber cut, will have both X-Caliber bbls threaded and chambered for same rifle...
I've accumulated 5 boxes of the Berger 180 Hybrids and a couple boxes of the 168 ABLR's, could not find the 175's ..... anybody want to trade a box ? sell one ?

I'm going to swing in a give them a visit, I read that one of the owners moved out here from Broughton which is encouraging but have not validated that. The price is a little steep but if the quality is there it's not an issue.

I have used these barrels on a few rifles so far 260 280ackley 6.5-284 so far they have all shot very well the 280 Ackley with factory 280 REM ammo shot a 5/8" group at 100 fire forming the brass in the crappy syn. stock the 260 with factory federal premium is shooting a 3/4" group @100 with only 15 round break in I haven't even bedded them yet I have 3 .300 barrels. sitting here another 6.5 which I'm waiting on a 6.5 saum reamer for and a 7mm barrel. Call Jon direct and talk to him they are giving deals right now. They have great dealer pricing too. Great customer service they shipped me two barrels waited till I got them then called asked how I liked them and then asked if they could charge my credit card.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.