Allen Mag Shooters Group

Come on Kirby, show us pics of the rest of the rifle. You can't talk about a 300 AX on a Raptor action with your brake, without showing the whole thing. That's just wrong :).

I just read the entire thread... I am sooo jealous!! I want one of these 270am's so bad I cant stand it.. Nyles(or anyone else) Could you PM me and let me know how much you have into yours? I would like to know how long its gonna take me to save up.. Kirby you make some beautiful weapons. I cant wait to have my own!!!!!! For now I will stick with my 270wsm. I am sure that the 169.5's arre gonna fly better than the berger's I have on order..

ImportedPhotos00018.jpg

This is about the best pic I have ot the entire rifle showing the muzzle brake somewhat.

ImportedPhotos00025-1.jpg

This one is not to bad.

Wanted to give you boys an update on my Painkiller line of muzzle brakes. Most of you I am sure have read and watched the test done by SS7mm on the big 5 port PK brake.

I have just finished up with the deal to mass produce the medium size 3 port Painkiller brake and also designed and finalized the small 3 port PK brake.

The medium 3 port PK is the one I had on the rifle I used on my recent hunt in Oklahoma and Texas. Its best suited to barrels from around .750" up to around .900". The brake is 0.875" across the flats on average and the larger diameter barrels will have a slight step up over the flats of the brake but it still looks good. The pics above of my Raptor rifle has a muzzle diameter just over .900" so you can see its hard to tell.

The small 3 port PK was redesigned totally with the idea of conventional sporter rifles in mind. The port width was reduced from 3/8" down to just over 1/4" width. This will help with the smaller capacity rounds by keeping the venting gas at a higher level of pressure as it plays against the brake and exits.

This also allows us to shorten the brake and reduce its weight as well which will make it a much better match for the smaller sporter contour barrels.

The small PK is 0.750" across the flats and 1" in diameter. Not as aggressive in diameter as the medium or large PK but again, this brake is designed for aggressive recoil reduction but also to match the contour of the smaller barrels and rifles better then the larger brakes. Thread size is 9/16"x 28 tpi so it will work on barrels from around .600" up to 0.750" in muzzle diameter.

I have also set prices for the PK series of brakes. If your interested contact me via e-mail or PM. Brakes will be available for sale as loose componants as well as fully installed packages.

Another update on the Small and Medium size PK muzzle brakes. THey should be in shop and ready by mid July. This is our estimates now. I have some mediums in shop now but the bulk shipment will come in July.

The Med.s I have now will work with 30 cal and up preferrably and 7mm as well as they have a 0.320" bore size. The production run will have a 0.250" bore so they will be applicable for any caliber from 22 up to around .40 cal.

I also decided to increase the diameter of the medium sized PK up to 0.900" across the flats, just allowing me to use it more comfortably on a wider range of muzzle diameters. Even installing on a 1" diameter muzzle will only leave a 50 thou step on the flats up to the barrel diameter which will not be overly noticable.

TTT

Thread has been dead for over six months.
Whats wrong, all you guys shoot your barrels out? :D

What's everyone using as replacements for Richards bullets now that he has sold the business?

Wonder why the new owner of Richard's business is not communicating his intentions of producing these same bullets again? Does anyone know? I really like my 270AM w/ the 195s, and had intended on rebarreling to the 7AM and using the 200WC.

The reason there are no details coming out is because Richard does not want to start a buzz before its a done deal. He has had several potential buyers that said they would take the buisness only to fail to produce the capitol. As such, he does not want to say its sold only to have to say the deal fell through.

The current possible buyer will be very good for all of us if they do happen to make a go of it. I know them and know they would do a great job but its a bit step to take, taking on a business like this.

They are also located in the US so it would make getting bullet componants easier as well and shipping bullets faster and easier also.

Richard does not want to sell it to just anyone. He knows there are many that want to continue to use these bullets and wants to make sure that the new owners are serious so they will be able to supply us a steady supply of bullets.

Believe me, as soon as the deal is done, you will get all the details here on LRH!!!

Thanks Kirby for the explanation. I hope everything works out well. Your rifles with the WC bullets really make a special combination.
Thanks again,
Jett

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.