Advice needed for my hunting and shooting..

My I suggest that you take a long range shooting class before you buy a bunch of equipment. Some classes have loaner rifles. You will have to buy match grade ammunition.
Post where you reside and someone will recommend a school.

Good luck

Jerry

"If", if you choose to find the one time optic of 99.9% of the "all" or most rifle sport and Hunting, here's my take.

Buy the optic that will cover the largest over all spread of harvesting critters, tactical, F Class, PRS challange, general plinking so you get the most out of it.

Kinda like the all round cartrage for everything, but do this with the optic scope.

So here I am today selling off 17 to 20 optics that all have single duplex reticles.
Awesome scopes, but not the best at Fast paced PRS, and being from the days gone by,,, the dial clicks are not like the new solid click style of today.

Solid Windage click is a must, just incase we need it.

Then look at the retrical idea if you choose.

Find a reticle that covers side to side Windage with hash marks to get your bullet where you want it to go.
That way you can use the reticle or solid click Windage dials to get onto target faster. "Just throwing this at you my friend."

I like 2.5 to 3 power at the bottom, it allows me to find objects up close in the thick of things.
Then 12 power to what ever up top 15, 18, 20, 24 zoom if needed.
This allows for distance and beyond.

If you get the optic thing right the first time, then you'll be laughing all the way to the bank to put funds in it, instead of taking funds out for the next optic.

I'm finally on the path of all round optics for my 3 rifles.

My 2 general main F Class/ PRS rifles, both that can go Harvesting game, and general plinking.

That way I will never need another optic for the rest of my days.

3-15 or 2.5-29 power when they come out next year Illuminating reticle option, EBR-C2 wide hash marks that are less confusing and fast to get onto target. Or Tremor, H-59 to cover all the bases. FFP so every thing is the same no matter what power your on.

Just throwing out an idea or suggestion.

I have 1 last optic to buy to cover all my bases.

Cry once at the first costs of funds going out the door, but Grin for a life time knowing that you won't have to buy another optic for as long as you live.

Just a IMO only

Western Canada Don

I can't say enough good about the VX-6 Leupold's. I have both the 3-18x50 and 4-24x52's on five different rifles now and I'll probably eventually replace all of my other scopes with them.
How do you like the CDS system on those

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.