Advice needed

Your friend has done a great job of putting doubt about your set up before a shot has been fired. That's a great thing your friend did for you.

There is no doubt that a quality 150grn slug being fired out of a quality rifle like yours will do the job.

You have 7 to 8 months to prove your set up to yourself. Get the doubt out of your mind and go to the range and become confident in yourself and your choice of equipment, do your job and your weapon will do the rest for you.

I have fired the Nosler E-tip out of my 7mm Mag Ruger #1 and they were very accurate. I didn't have an opportunity to take an animal with one but I have no doubt that if I did my job they would do theirs.

Clear your mind, go prove to yourself that your equipment will do what you want it to do and go take the Dall sheep of your dreams.
Hey thank you I appreciate then pep talk and your exactly right gotta get that doubt out of my mind and get to work thanks guys I appreciate you guys helping me out and giving me the reassurance that my set up could and should be just fine.

Hey thank you I appreciate then pep talk and your exactly right gotta get that doubt out of my mind and get to work thanks guys I appreciate you guys helping me out and giving me the reassurance that my set up could and should be just fine.

Me thinks your friend while probably meaning well has just enough knowledge and experience to be dangerous.........

Sheep are not hard to kill, no tougher than other small big game like deer. I know more than a few of them that have bit the dust with your basic 22/250 and Swifts.

I'd shoot some of the ammo and see if it perks in your gun, one box will tell you quickly. If it doesn't then trip it and move on. Other thing is, it'd be nice if you could do 200 rounds a month in order to get ready. If loading your own this'll be pretty easy to do.

For 3 decades I've use an old wildcat called the 7 Mashburn Super. This round is from the 50's-60's etc. Basically it's a early day 28 Noz. I love the Big 7's!

Any decent bullet from 120's to 195's will flat out mess up a sheeps day if you do your part.

I sure as heck wouldn't sweat what your friend was saying.

This stuff just isn't rocket science no matter how hard we try to make it that!

HNY

Already said I just want to pile on the pig pile. Try them and if they shoot accurate enough for you hunt with them. Don't listen to people who tell you what you have to do because what you wanted won't work in this instance.
150gr at 3400 in any bullet will knock the life right out of any sheep.

Thanks everyone seems like my thinking was accurate. Glad to hear from you all the opinions and thoughts.

It sounds like your rifling in that rifle is right there in that 150-180gr bullet. So you should have no worries about whether or not it will stabilize. Just as mentioned above, go shoot see how she groups and go from there. Good luck on your hunt when it comes time!

Sorry, the bad news is your friend is putting out bad information. The good news is he is wrong in your favor. The higher the velocity and the faster the twist, the higher the RPMs. The higher the RPM, the higher the stability factor (SG) of a bullet in flight. Add on potential altitude of a sheep hunt in some mountains and you have an even higher SG.
Using Berger's online twist rate stability calculator you have a SG of 1.57 at sea level and standard temp. According to Berger a stability factor (SG) of 1.5 and greater ensures adequate stability, so you are probably good. Note: Lower temps decrease SG.
Your particular bullet will be going around 260,000 rpms (mv x 720/barrel twist rate).
The only thing I don't like about that ammunition is the advertised velocity of only 3250 fps. I would expect a 150 grain bullet from a 28 Nosler to be closer to 3400 fps, you are leaving some potential performance on the table. At $100 a box I'd want more than 7mm RemMag velocity. However if it shoots well in your rifle I'd shoot it (and kill a nice ram with it!) and then try to load it to its true potential later.

Thanks everyone seems like my thinking was accurate. Glad to hear from you all the opinions and thoughts.
Never hurts to get confirmation from good sources. I've had a lot of ideas over the years and for what we can spend on them having this bunch to bounce things off of can save you a hell of a lot of heartache, disappointment and money and make the process much shorter to achieve success.