Accurate Brass Update

[ QUOTE ]
No, we do not plan on making 260 at this time.

[/ QUOTE ]

For goodness sakes, WHY NOT? Remington is the only current manufacturer of 260 brass and it is very......mmmm...... mediocre, to say the least. Given the rise in popularity of this cartridge in the benchrest and tactical community, I think 260 brass would be a big seller. I hope you change your mind on this one.

True, but you can form it from 308, and 243 brass from lapua, norma, rws, hornady, nosler, federal, remington, winchester, IMI, GI and probably a half a dozen others.

That being said, if some high quality brass was avalable with the right neck thickness, and proberly anealed for reforming, there might be a market for all the guys shooting the 22cheeta, 243, 6.5-08, 7mm-08, 308, 338-08, though with a little work, any of those can be made with any of the label brass above.

Dog Caller, it is not our intention to be another "Winchester" or "Remington" and just mass produce brass to sit on store shelves or in Midway's warehouse. We are looking to produce what there is the largest demand for.

As of yet we have not had enought interest to look into that caliber. That does not mean that we will never make it, only that we currently do not have any plans to.

Thank You for your interest.

Ok, heres my wierd suggestion... how about a 7mm or 30 caliber full length 375H&H case with a 25 degree shoulder at the same lenght as a 7mmRem mag case. One could form 264winmag, 7mmrem mag, 30-338winmag, 338winmag, 300WM 300wtbhy 8mmrem, 30 Ackley, 338-300WM, 338-300wtbhy, 7mmSTW, and the list goes on and on... and with the long neck, all the intermeediate calibers would be emmune to neck donuts due to the thinner shoulder material. You could taylor your neck length to the individual neck length on your reamer if you had a factory gun as well... there are other advantages too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I sent my request to these guys around the 5th of this month. I recieved a email that said they were backlogged and will be up and ready to ship brass in 3-4 weeks. Unfortunately my lapua 308 brass is plain old wore out, and I had to order 1000 more last week- before I got a chance to look at this brass. I sure hope it's worth the wait, I have about 4000 rounds to order pretty soon and have been holding off because of this post. I've got guys calling me every few days to see if it magically showed up, we have all our guages and meters primed and ready to test this stuff until it's worn out. Having a shooting range in the basement is handy.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.