A little Google Earth picture test - what is the pic of???

ss7mm

Along the lines of goodgroupers post about Google Earth:

Below is a picture from Google Earth. Can you tell me what the 3 objects indicated by arrows are??? I believe the pic is from about 8000-10000 feet elevation with some slight cropping. I'll post the pic with the objects identified shortly.
APSAerialshot14witharrows.jpg

Interested to hear the responses you get on this one!!

By the way get ahold of me, we need to talk 7mm barrels.

That middle object looks a little thin on top to me!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kirby Allen(50)

I cheated. I downloaded the picture and blew it up. Looks like a person on the right and a person on the left. To the left edge and right edge are some bullet backstops. Thing in the center is a run over possum.

Hmmm, Looks like your typical low organic matter Washington dirt.

On the far right is a cinder cone or some such thing that makes a good back stop.

Given the convenient field road and your laziness (just gettin' back at cha for being mean on the other thread /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif) and guessing some distances (if I had the Lat/Lon of the pic I could tell you distances to the foot)

So I'd guess its you walking to the 100 yd back stop (if it were 200 you'd be driving /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif).

The object on the left is a rig with the tail gate down and Hmmm is that a an Ithaca 12ga slug gun /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Pretty neat timing of the pic, huh! You never know when Big Bro. is watching. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Very interesting.

Screech has two objects right, but out of order. That, coupled with what Kirby said, should help you out a lot. Oh yeah, Kirby has seen this picture before. That should help.

[ QUOTE ]
Thing in the center is a run over possum

[/ QUOTE ]
Ohhhh, that's not gonna go over big with a certain member.

[ QUOTE ]
Looks like your typical low organic matter Washington dirt

[/ QUOTE ]
Talk about low blows /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Pretty neat timing of the pic, huh! You never know when Big Bro. is watching

[/ QUOTE ]
You've got that right. You'll see what I mean when I post the pic with details.

I waiting !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif------come --on !!-----please /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I just went back and still nothing ---hello---hello /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

O.K.

APSAerialshot14w-test.jpg

This is one of Kirby's ranges. It's a 100 yard range on private land and he's the only one that uses it. Sooooo, that's his truck on the right, target backstop etc. on the left and that's Kirby walking in the middle. He just happened to be walking when Google took the picture.

Buffalobob I think you're in trouble now with the "run over possum" crack. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks SS7mm ,
Wow what are the chances of that.Is it in a valley ?

How often are the images on google earth taken ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gifballpark ?

They will only say that the images are taken within the last three years, so that's quite a span. Too bad it's not real time. They update somewhat randomly so you never know what low rez area is going to convert to high rez, or when. If you have been tracking an area that is in low rez and then it's suddenly high rez, you then know the image is quite recent. I've got 2 or 3 areas I routinely check that just recently converted to high rez so I know the images are pretty new.

The pic above is pretty flat country.

Yep,

Thats my old target back stop on the left, me at about 50 yards down range and my S-10 4x4 with the shooting platform on it at 100 yards.

That field I am in is actually a plateau. The brush around the field is all pretty steap drop off down to that creek. From the shadows on the north facing hills this shot was taken late in the year.

Must have been a good range session, my arms are not flailing around!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Dead possum, tought crowd BB!!

Kirby Allen(50)

Had me fooled. I was guessing that the object on the right was a mobile Scud launcher and the objects to the left were a couple of the al-quida guys getting the heck out of there as the good ol' American forces were zeroing in on em'. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hey - I was partially right. Some serious shooting was about to begin.

Hi if this is what we can see from Google emagine what our governments already have real time if someone is out shooting or hunting they can probably get a good look at what we are up to. What are the chances of actualy getting a pic of you walking to cheeck a target? I can see my house on google earth an i was at home as my car is in the driveway.

PS i think it could have been any time in the day as Kirby is always out playing isnt he

Cheers Bill
Australia /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.