A little Google Earth picture test - what is the pic of???

As SS7MM suggested, I went and checked my elk hunting spot in Idaho and it has been "updated". The picture was taken about 3 or 4 PM and the shadows of the ridge are so bad you cannot see anything anymore. The opposite ridge where there is sunlight is really good detail.

I looked to see if my truck was parked down there, but the shadows are just too bad. Plus, I am not very good at photo interpretation. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

`Earth Google is neat, since my Range finder puked out on me, I started t google map my hunting locations, and messure out a map at distances... Say if I am hiding in a tree rom, and a coyote is close by a tree or fence, I know how far he is, the range finder might overshoots and give false reading.
in my area, they just updated the google map just a few months ago... I can also do a full zoom now instead of one back..... seems it's 1.5 to 2 yrs ago now, was 3-4 yrs old.

You can bet uncle sam has WAY WAY better capability than this, they can see the color of your nose hairs. and ay anytime .. haha

scott

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.