Picture of My 223

wildcat

Hey guys, I was able to post the pictures of my other rifles, the 6x284 and 220 Swift, so I wanted to post a pic of my 223. Here are the specs;

1. Remington S/A 700, has been trued
2. Kieger 25", 1-12 twist, 1.250 all the way to the muzzle
3. H&S Varmint stock
4. Re-worked Remington Trigger-Pull is 1 pound
5. All metal has be Teflone Coated Matte Black
6. Badger Base and rings
7. Leupold 4.5x14x50mm with 30mm tube LRT
8. Rilfe weighs about 15 pounds

This rifle is very accurate, it shoots in the .2's and 3's. The load, I use, consists of the following;

1. Lupa Brass
2. 24.8grns of VV-N133
3. Hornady 50grn V-Max
4. Federal 205 Match Primer
5. Velocity is around 3400fps, it's not a fast load, but it's accurate

I use this rifle, a bunch, during vamint hunts. When the other rifles get too hot, the 223 comes out to play. You have got to love the 223, the barrel never gets hot and they last forever.

This rifle loves the 50grn V-Max, at the lower velocities. It's my dedicated 100 to 300 yard rilfe, however, I made a 602 yard kill on a cottontail rabbit.

I need to make some changes to her. The rifle is front heavy, do to the barrel diameter and the rear of the stock being very light. I am going to go with a better stock like one of Joel Russo's A-5 stocks or one of the McMillan A series stocks, one of these stocks should help with the front heavy problem. I am also going to go with a Jewel Trigger, I love those Jewel triggers. Once you use a Jewel, you never want to use anything else. Anyhow, I hope you guys like the pic.

As soon as I get my 338 Yogi and my 338 Allen Mag, I will post pics too. I should be receiving my 338 Yogi soon. I don't know when the 338 Allen Mag going to be completed, but I know as soon as it is, Kirby will post pics. I can't wait to get that big 338 Allen Mag, it's going to be awesome to shoot.

DSC00805.jpg

Wildcat

Re: Custom-223-for-sale

Hey-guys-here-is-another-one-of-my-rifle-that-I-am-selling-do-to-losing-my-job.-I-am-wanting-$1200.00-for-her.-The-scope-is-NOT-included-however-the-base-and-rings-will-come-with-rifle.-Rifle-also-comes-with;

1.-Soft-Case
2.-Dies
3.-Brass-Lupa-Winchester-ect.
4.-About-150-loaded-rounds

The-barrel-is-a-Shelin-not-a-Krieger.

All-specs-are-listed-above-with-picture.-If-your-interested-e-mail-me-at;
[email protected]

Jake

This-rifle-is-for-sale-please-see-specs-and-info-up-top.

Jake

Please-see-new-post-with-all-the-correct-info-and-specs.-The-correct-post-is-under-Buy-Sell-Trade-ect-under-Custom-223-for-sale.-Sorry-for-the-confusion-I-have-a-lot-going-on.

Jake

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.