Pictures of mini wilderness behind my house

Cheaha is about twenty miles south. Highest point in Alabama, beats these Mountains in the pictures by about 100 feet. Look on the right slope you can see a road going up from right to left. Called ten mile road. The right edge is a gap called bains gap and the mountains continue on to the south for about 45 miles. but these are the most rugged. Used to be a military base called Ft. McClellan. Anyone who ever trained there during basic training will remember them. But not fondly!
Spent a bunch of time down there at the depot. Pretty country

Spent a bunch of time down there at the depot. Pretty country
Depot is still in operation, G Block is no more. Built a incinerator and burned everything. Nerve agent, mustard some munitions, rockets, mortar shells 155 shells. Lots of nasty stuff. But all gone. Lots of it was leaking. We would have to send medics to stand by while they emptied it into another container. Glad its all gone.

Thanks for the pictures, I would say that most if not all members here are inflicted by what the terrain looks like over the next ridge, it's great to see what other country actually looks like instead of what our minds think it does.
Once you move South from here its flat as a pancake. There's a place called the fall line around Wetumpka , elevation drops about 150 feet across the state in a curved line. Lots of native American names around here. You can see it on topo maps. Used to be beach front property couple of million years ago, about 100 miles from the gulf of Mexico. Your can walk the creeks just South of Montgomery and find fossil sea shells. Only thing people think of when they hear about Alabama is slavery and how racist they are. What they don't hear is all those people were Democrats! Bull Conner in Birmingham George Wallace, Dems. I'll stop now!

You hear about all kinds of crazy stuff going on around the country. Ever heard about anything coming from Alabama? We are armed and polite to each other here. Open carry and no permit needed for concealed carry.
Same here, and that's the way it should be!!! Ole Thomas Jefferson said it best "an armed society is a polite society"