Pictures of my 6x284 & 220 Swift

wildcat

Hey guys, here some pics. The single picture is my 6x284, with .272 tight neck. The picture, with two rifles, feature both my 6x284 and 220 Swift. The Swift has the Sleeved Remington action and the 6x284 has the Nesika K and on the A-5 stock.

Here are the specs for the 6x284, with .272 Tight Neck;
1. Nesika Model K, 1.450 diameter, Tactical Handle and Knob
2. Krieger 30", 1-12 twist, 1.250 tapered to 1.00 at muzzle
3. McMillan A-5 with all the bells and whistles
4. Vais Muzzle Brake
5. Jewel 2oz Trigger
6. Davidson Base with 20MOA
7. Kelby 30mm rings
8. Nightforce 12x42x56mm NXS
9. Rifle weighs right at 19 pounds

This rifle is shooting the 87grn V-max, with a .400 BC, at 3750 fps, and it's grouping in the low, to high, .1's with this bullet and velocity. This rifle is going to be destructive on P'Dogs, Squirrels, and Coyotes. You gotta love the 6x284. Here is the following load info I am using;

1. Lupa Brass
2. 53grns of H4350
3. Hornady 87grn V-Max
4. Federal 210 Match Primer
5. The brass has had the primer pockets uniformed, flash holes cleaned, trimmed, neck turned, ect.
Here are the specs for the 220 Swift
1. Remington SS S/A M700 Action, Sleeved with Speedy Sleeve
2. Lilja 28", 1-14 twist, 1.250 tapered to .930 at the muzzle
3. McMillan A-4 with all the bells and whistles
4. Jewel 2oz trigger
5. Holland Muzzle brake
6. Speedy base
7. Kelby 30mm Rings
8. Nightforce 5.5x22x56.mm NXS
9. Rifle weighs right at 17 pounds

My 220 Swift shoots the 40grn V-Max at 4200fps and it groups in the .2's all day long. Here is the following load info I am using;
1. Norma Brass
2. 43grns H414
3. 40grn V-Max
4. Federal 205 Match Primers
5. The brass has had the primer pockets uniformed, flash holes cleaned, necks turned, trimmed, ect.

The rifles were built by Leroy Johnson of Johnson's Precision Gunsmithing, out of Bakersfield, California. Leroy does incrediable work, is a great individual and close friend. He can build anything, and he is great to work with. From now on, either Leroy Johnson or Kirby Allen will build my custom rifles.

Both rifles will be used during my May 2007 squirrel hunt in Northern California and My P'Dog hunt in Eastern Wyoming. The Swift will be used for shots at 100 to 400 yards and the 6x284 will be used for shots at 400 to 1000 yards. I will also bring my 223 for the 100 to 200 yard shots, and I am bringing the 338 Allen Mag for shots at 1000 to 2000 yards. I can't wait to shoot the 338 AM, that's going to be an awesome caliber to have and shoot. The squirrels we are shooting at, on this trip, are quite small. So, I am not really sure if were going to be able to get out to 1500 or 2000 yards. I think I will have a better chance at making the 1500 and 2000 yards varmint club when I visit Eastern Wyoming, at the end of May 2007. I usually bring at least three rifles on my Squirrel and P'Dog hunts. This allows me to save barrel life, especially with the 6x284 and 220 Swift.

DSC00796.jpg
DSC00801.jpg

I hope you guys like the pictures, I've been talking about my rifle for years and have never been able to show you the pics. Well, I finally sat down tonight and figured it out. I have to thank my Beautiful wife for helping me out.

If you guys have any questions about the rifle, please, feel free to ask.

Wildcat

Re: Here are some pics of some of my rifles

try this:
DSC00796.jpg

DSC00801.jpg

Not sure what went wrong wildcat....nice rifles though. Kirby is building my 7mmAM on the Nesika M action.

TMR, thanks for the compliments. I can't wait to get my 338 AM, I've heard Kirby does awesome work, and his rifles are very very accurate. The 7mm Allen Mag with the new 200grn Bullet is pretty scary, that baby is going to shoot super flat.

TMR, can you give me the specs on your 7mm AM, Action, Barrel, Trigger, Stock, scope, ect, I would love to hear about it.

Wildcat

Really fine looknig rifles, Wildcat. Top of the line hardware! I'm sure they shoot just as well or better. Good luck with the varmit hunting. Now that you have the .338 AM on order, are you still getting the .338 YOGI as well? Post pics & specs when they arrive. Thanks again for the pics & specs.
Dave

The rifles look really good. I'm thinking about doing something with my single shot Savage 220 swift. Maybe add a laminated A-5 style stock, just not sure i'm going to stay with the swift or go with something else. By the way Wildcat, have you done anything with the 75's yet, I'm going to try some RE19 with the 87's in my 6-284, but I might have to wait till next spring.

Wildcat....
Not to hyjack your thread....but here are the specs:

Nesika M Action
30" Lilja #8 barrel fluted with Defensive Edge brake
McMillan A-5 Stock
Rifle Basics trigger 1.5 lbs
Nesika 20 moa rail
HS Detachable magazine
Nightforce rings
Nightforce 5.5-22x50 with MLR Reticle

I can't wait....Buffalobob's story has made the wait seem even longer. Rifle should be done around Feb-March if all the parts go well. Nesika is having some problems getting a bolt, but it should be in anytime. I would have went with the Lawton, but I wanted the repeater and Kirby suggested that we use the Nesika....this was before he got his Lawton action though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Mountainsheep, yes I am still having the 338 Yogi built, I was informed it would be here by Thanksgiving. This rifle will be strictly for shooting off the bench, it will weigh right around 60 pounds.

The way I am having the 338 AM Built, it will be some what portable, at 25 to 30 pounds, and I can shoot it off the bi-pod. Yes, I am going to have two 338 caliber rifles, however, the 338 Allen Mag will kick the crap out of the 338 YOGI. With the 338 YOGI, I will get right around 3000fps with the 300grn Sierra MatchKing. The 338 Allen Mag will get 3400 to 3500fps with the same bullet.

I will have two super Long Range Hammers. The 338 Allen Mag, is an awesome cartridge. It's performance is absolutley amazing, and I don't think there is anything out there, right now, that even comes close to it's performance.

I think my next project is going to be a semi-auto configuration. I just bought an AR-15 lower, so I am going to build one of these rifles up. I've always been a bolt guy, but I thought it would be fun to have a semi-auto too!I am going to build it with a 24" barrel. I just need to buy the other parts for this project. If you guys any suggestions on building one of these rifles up, I would love to hear them.

Wildcat

Yes-I-am-still-planning-on-coming-out-that-way-in-May.-I-am-still-trying-to-fiqure-out-where-I-am-going-to-go.-Do-you-have-any-suggestions.

Sorry-about-my-posts-my-space-bar-and-computer-are-having-issues.

Wildcat

Absolutely beautiful rifles, how do you find that the A-5 stock rides the bags? I am considering upgrading the HS Precision stock on my .338-300RUM. Mainly my rifle is a long range hunting rig, but I, as we all do, like to shoot and some time at the range is a consideration. When possible I also like to use my rear bag when hunting so how that thumb cutout affects the performance is important. Thanks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.