What on earth is going on with the mail?

Calvin45

Hi all, not gun related….hot
Sauce!

I ordered a bunch of hot sauce from a manufacturer in South Carolina on a Black Friday sale. I'm in Saskatchewan, Canada.

International priority mail shipping.

So far the order has gone up to New York, then across the continent to Los Angeles….and now it is in London!!! Not London Ontario, London Great Britain!!!

So long as I get it and it's not damaged I don't care…but is this why shipping is so **** expensive!!!!????

Nipawin SK is a little over 2100 miles from South Carolina, a bit of a hike for sure.

My order will have travelled 12,900 miles IF it goes direct from England to me, and doesn't get forwarded to Zimbabwe and Japan first!

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Anyone have any idea what about this makes any sense????

Welcome to business as usual with USPS here in the States. I have USPS Informed Delivery and they still don't deliver even though I have confirmation on truck. Its a literal crap shoot getting stuff delivered.

Welcome to business as usual with USPS here in the States. I have USPS Informed Delivery and they still don't deliver even though I have confirmation on truck. Its a literal crap shoot getting stuff delivered.
Canada Post has its issues but I will say they at least more or less transport anything I've ordered in a relatively straight line from the vendor to me haha. Though they're prone to frequent strikes (because everyone up here seems to be unionized and thinks theyre all entitled to earn a salary competitive with jobs that require degrees or specialized skills) and take their sweet time if you dont pay the big bucks for express delivery, as illustrated in this one i heard a while back:

"i was going to have a joke about Canada Post for you, but it's still at the warehouse in Mississauga".

I don't know about other areas, but the caliber of PO employees locally is so low that it's surprising anything gets delivered. If you go there for assistance with a problem, you're going to get a whole lot of attitude. I shipped a package to a LRH member who lives in Hawaii. It didn't arrive in a month, so I went in to speak to the postmaster. The lady looks down her nose at me and says "it's probably floating around on a ship in the Pacific somewhere. If it doesn't show in another month, come back". Great service. :rolleyes:

I picked up 100 Christmas stamps for my wife today. The options were terrible and 1st class stamps are now $60/100. Let's just hope the cards land before Dec 25th. LOL

Last edited:
Hi all, not gun related….hot
Sauce!

I ordered a bunch of hot sauce from a manufacturer in South Carolina on a Black Friday sale. I'm in Saskatchewan, Canada.

International priority mail shipping.

So far the order has gone up to New York, then across the continent to Los Angeles….and now it is in London!!! Not London Ontario, London Great Britain!!!

So long as I get it and it's not damaged I don't care…but is this why shipping is so **** expensive!!!!????

Nipawin SK is a little over 2100 miles from South Carolina, a bit of a hike for sure.

My order will have travelled 12,900 miles IF it goes direct from England to me, and doesn't get forwarded to Zimbabwe and Japan first!

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Anyone have any idea what about this makes any sense????

What sauce?

What sauce?
It's froM Puckerbutt Pepper Company. Ed Currie, creator of the Carolina reaper pepper.

Variety of sauces. Gator (pepper X), extra hot gator, reaper squeezins, extra hot reaper squeezins, voodoo prince death mamba, peach superhot blend, and Bravado
spice company's "aka miso", an umami rich ghost-reaper sauce.

All stupid hot. No extract.

For mild to medium heat I love Marie sharps and maritime madness.

Also have sauces I love from PepperNorth and heartbeat, both of Ontario, and a local Saskatchewan company called uncle Charlie's.

It's a problem abojt on par with my gun problem haha

My favourite hot sauce to be honest is the one I made myself this year. But there's not much of it, I need more!!!!

Fermented orange habaneros, burning bush habaneros, carrots, onions, and garlic together in a 4 percent salt brine for a few weeks, burping the jars daily.

Combined everything in a pot including the brine, added a little vinegar and a lot of lime juice and lime zest (like 12 limes worth for 3 500ml mason jars of ferment). Boiled and blended it up. It is so freaking good. Eat it with a spoon and love the pain kind of good haha. Like Marie sharps original but less salty, more limey, and way hotter. With a fermenty tang.

They swapped over our rural carriers to contractors. They specifically told me that if the house or driveway is more than 50 "steps" from the postal box, they were required to leave a call tag and I would have to go to the post office to pick up the item.

Now, my house is 1.1 miles off of the rural route and my mailbox is literally 50ft from my porch. They have walked up to the house and left a call tag and didn't leave the package, even though it wasn't signature required.

We have a community drop box for outgoing mail. I was told yesterday by my closest neighbor that they don't check the box but once a week or so, he mailed himself a priority envelope and it took 2 weeks to show up in his box. They scanned it one evening and it was delivered to his house the following day.

They wonder why they are going broke 🙄🙄🙄

It's froM Puckerbutt Pepper Company. Ed Currie, creator of the Carolina reaper pepper.

Variety of sauces. Gator (pepper X), extra hot gator, reaper squeezins, extra hot reaper squeezins, voodoo prince death mamba, peach superhot blend, and Bravado
spice company's "aka miso", an umami rich ghost-reaper sauce.

All stupid hot. No extract.

For mild to medium heat I love Marie sharps and maritime madness.

Also have sauces I love from PepperNorth and heartbeat, both of Ontario, and a local Saskatchewan company called uncle Charlie's.

It's a problem abojt on par with my gun problem haha

Bravado blue berry is great and the pineapple is good too. Not a fan of the serrano basil it tastes too much like marinara.

In my fridge with regular spots are Marie Sharp's (not sure which one), Hank Sauce, Yellowbird, the above Bravado, some Yo Jam Scotch Bonnet Jamaican thing, and I think that is it.