300WSM Yes! Yes! Yes!

Beluebow

Hopefully the new 300WSM brass hits the street soon!

1704898270797.jpeg

How does the Lapua 300WSM brass compare to the ADG 300WSM version?

No idea who the beta testers were.

If it's better than Norma it will be awesome. Norma and ADG are definitely the best two options right now with a slight edge going to the Norma. ADG takes roughly 6-8tenths more powder than the Norma. If the Lapua stacks up it will be nice to have another quality option on the market.

I run Lapua or Peterson in all my rifles and this (300WSM) was the first time using ADG and I'm a little disappointed. During load development, anything that I ran on the warmer side but not what I would consider stiff loads, the primer pockets loosened up significantly more than I would have expected. Don't get me wrong it's good just not as good as Lapua or Peterson IMHO.

Lapua says available Spring of 2024. I'm not sure what that means in real world availability. Sometime in 2024 could be.

A custom 300 WSM has been on my long-term wish list. Having multiple quality brass options might move it up a notch or two. I did have a 6mm GT built in 2023 but I've got enough Alpha brass to burn out a couple of barrels.

1704928229687.png

Last edited:

Recent Posts