Yes, more questions on 6.5x300 Weatherby

I use US869 in my 26 Nosler - not the Weatherby but close. There was a "no magnum powder available to buy" time so I got the US869. Workes great. Another vote for 127LRX in a fast 65.
People always say or mention the 127lrx. But what about the 130 Scirocco which has way WAY better BC. It's an amazingly tuff bullet so if driven close to 3600 fps should be great bullet for big game and handle the impact at close range.
This is the bullet I would be testing along with 131 HH when I get my fast 26 Noz or 6.5x300. Just haven't decided yet.

People always say or mention the 127lrx. But what about the 130 Scirocco which has way WAY better BC. It's an amazingly tuff bullet so if driven close to 3600 fps should be great bullet for big game and handle the impact at close range.
This is the bullet I would be testing along with 131 HH when I get my fast 26 Noz or 6.5x300. Just haven't decided yet.
I bought Sciroccos to try too!

At those velocities you need to choose a good bullet that won't explode at those speeds. Had that issue with my Warbird using 150's... the TSX and TTSX wouldn't hold up... Finally had to slow it down. I love the 130 Sciroccos! freaking tack drivers and the 139gr

Has anybody ever shot the 139 scenar out of the 65 300. I use them in my 65 PRC and I shoot the 120s out of my 65 man bun. I wonder how they will hold up to the velocity if they will blow a part I don't know just asking.

Are the Scirocc's a mono bullet?
I will not shoot a long range cup and core bullet any more out of the smaller calibers (6.5 and down) for big game (Antilope and up) after the total failure I had with the ELDx at 100 yards on small WT. Deer out of my 6.5cm. That is why I went to the Barnes.

My whole plan is to try and use what I have on hand. The Barnes 127 LXR or the 142 ABLR.
Does anyone have Hanns on with the ABLR or the stated powders.

After more thought and resurch I remembered the Enderon powders have been discontinued so I will not be using the 8133 since I will not be able to get it again and I only have 1lb.
The same with the 7828 I have more of that but want to save it for my 7 RUM since it has been discontinued as well and I do not like the 7828ssc due to it not giving me a decent case fill. At least not in my RUM. I still need to check the case fill with it on the 6.5x300.
So most likely going g with Retumbo or maybe RL 33 that I have.
MagnumManiac seemed not to like the RL33 and I respect his knowledge a lot.
Any other thought on any of these combinations?

I will not shoot a long range cup and core bullet any more out of the smaller calibers (6.5 and down) for big game (Antilope and up) after the total failure I had with the ELDx at 100 yards on small WT. Deer out of my 6.5cm. That is why I went to the Barnes.

My whole plan is to try and use what I have on hand. The Barnes 127 LXR or the 142 ABLR.

After more thought and resurch I remembered the Enderon powders have been discontinued so I will not be using the 8133 since I will not be able to get it again and I only have 1lb.
The same with the 7828 I have more of that but want to save it for my 7 RUM since it has been discontinued as well and I do not like the 7828ssc due to it not giving me a decent case fill. At least not in my RUM. I still need to check the case fill with it on the 6.5x300.
If you are worried about ELDX "failing" at 100 yards then ABLR may be a problem too. ABLR is design to expand at distance too. High speed impacts at close range is a problem for a lot of bullet designs.

Scirocco II not a mono but it's incredibly tuff. It needs speed to work really well. If shot In a slow cartridge say 6.5 man bun it's only good for a few hundred yards. After that it's too tuff. But in a 26 noz or 6.5x300 it should be good way out there.

Right. But the ABLR is a bonded bullet so "should" retain more wt. In the shank...?
The 127 LRX will lose its pedals at high speeds or heavy bone but the pedals stay a decent size and do a lot of damage and the whole back 2/3's of the shank keeps on going like a hard cast lead wadcutter! I have seen this on several Deer and Black Bear and one wolf that I shot in the head as it was running towards me (not knowing I was there) and found a couple pedals just dangling from the hide out the back of head and the rest of the shank re- entered the hide at top of shoulder and found it just under the hide just short of exiting it's rump.

Right. But the ABLR is a bonded bullet so "should" retain more wt. In the shank...?
The 127 LRX will lose its pedals at high speeds or heavy bone but the pedals stay a decent size and do a lot of damage and the whole back 2/3's of the shank keeps on going like a hard cast lead wadcutter! I have seen this on several Deer and Black Bear and one wolf that I shot in the head as it was running towards me (not knowing I was there) and found a couple pedals just dangling from the hide out the back of head and the rest of the shank re- entered the hide at top of shoulder and found it just under the hide just short of exiting it's rump.
While I don't have first hand experience comparing both the ablr n scirocco II I put money down on scirocco retaining more weight over ablr. But it's hearsay. Never shot both in same cartridge so....

With the case capacity and small bore, ANY powder/bullet combo is going to be a barrel burner. In the grand scheme of things, what is the difference between burning out a barrel in 600 vs 700 rounds? The 6.5-300Wby is not the cartridge you are going to go shoot 20-30 rounds a couple times a month with. Work up a load, amd put it in the safe until hunting season. RL33, N570, Retumbo, IMR8133, etc. won't make that much of a difference.

Scirocco II not a mono but it's incredibly tuff. It needs speed to work really well. If shot In a slow cartridge say 6.5 man bun it's only good for a few hundred yards. After that it's too tuff. But in a 26 noz or 6.5x300 it should be good way out there.
Good to know thanks