6.5 creedmoor, yes a needmoor

The 6.5 Creedmoor is capable of killing elk beyond 1000 yards humanely. A friend using a 6.5x47 killed a 400 class bull @ 1246 yards with one shot. That's an impressive shot with any rifle. Shot placement and the right bullet can change the playing field. If you don't want to shoot your 6.5 at long range don't by all means don't but don't knock those that do. Long range hunting can be done with the 6.5 also.
Which part of NOT "my" preference did "I" NOT make myself clear? I am fully aware of the importance of shot placement and bullet selection.

The 6.5 Creedmoor is capable of killing elk beyond 1000 yards humanely. A friend using a 6.5x47 killed a 400 class bull @ 1246 yards with one shot. That's an impressive shot with any rifle. Shot placement and the right bullet can change the playing field. If you don't want to shoot your 6.5 at long range don't by all means don't but don't knock those that do. Long range hunting can be done with the 6.5 also.
Haven't seen him 'knock' anybody in this thread. He merely stated a personal choice based on his experience and knowledge.

@Lrreloader
Berger bullets are always my first choice so they get my vote for your 400 yard and under criteria. 👍