300 rum brass

Which company

• Norma

Votes: 12 66.7%
  • Nosler

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters
The only reason, and only one, that I haven't used ADG yet, is because haven't needed to for 300RUM.

Now 28 Nosler, I need me some that ADG stuff?! Missed out on the first run a week ago or so SOL! They won't have any again for a while?
Just saw some for sale in the classifieds.

I'm a 300 RP RUM brass hoarder. Been using it since I picked up my RUM in 2000. I've tried Hornady and Norma, but RP is still my pick. Working on a 338 Edge build. My RP brass will be feeding it also...

Last edited:
Hey guys, I gave up asking anybody "what's the best brass". I've been using Remington brass almost exclusively for decades. For years, it was the cheapest and most available. Served me fine. Worst experience I've had with it was I was getting 20% failure rate when I was fire forming .218 bee into .218 Mashburn Bee. Failures dropped to zero after I annealed them prior to fire forming. Other than that I have had no complaints. Nowadays, there's not many choices. Get what ever brass you can find and live with it. I about 400 rounds of virgin Remington RUM brass and i have sorted it by weight. I'll use it in batches and it will probably last until I have to rebarrel the rifle.

There is factory ammo. Helped field dress elk on a cow hunt. Shot with Barnes TSX .300 RUM broadside through lungs. One shot one kill. Hunter told me was extremely accurate.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.