300 RUM Brass

doesn't bertram also make 300 rum headstamped brass? wonder if shawn could ring in on this thread . brass is pretty nice . also when i called remington they told me that maybe in the second quarter they would release some brass ?????????

I have 225 pieces of once fired RUM brass for sale, 90 have been opened up for 338/300.
If I can sell all to one person I'll take $400 for all 225, or I'll split them up and sell for $2.00 each.

Tom

Have a friend who works at a box sporting goods store. Asked him to ask their Remington reps what was up with 300 RUM brass. Here's what he told me. 300 RUM is only a moderately popular cartridge, and not even close to being in the same class as calibers like the 30-06, 270, etc. He said Remington only retools every two years or so to produce 300 RUM because there's a lot more money to be made with the more popular calibers. He said they basically only produce enough to meet demand for their loaded cartridges and whatever is left goes to the reloaders and then they retool for the next caliber. Believe it or not...

Have a friend who works at a box sporting goods store. Asked him to ask their Remington reps what was up with 300 RUM brass. Here's what he told me. 300 RUM is only a moderately popular cartridge, and not even close to being in the same class as calibers like the 30-06, 270, etc. He said Remington only retools every two years or so to produce 300 RUM because there's a lot more money to be made with the more popular calibers. He said they basically only produce enough to meet demand for their loaded cartridges and whatever is left goes to the reloaders and then they retool for the next caliber. Believe it or not...

As far as I'm concerned, Remington can keep the crap they used to stock the shelves with. Norma/Nosler is better brass. More expensive, yes, however when it lasts 8 to 10 warm reloads compared to the four you get from remington, it's a better value. And Nosler doesn't need any prep. Prep with Norma is minimal. The best part is that It's available.

All of this makes me want to go with maybe a win-mag when this barrel is done. I like the way my RUM shoots, but having to search so hard for brass makes it no fun.

Looking at the bottom on the D&L Sports web page there is a copy write dated 2010

and when you go to the home page its dated 2016 seems like its a old page.

Wish I would have read about not being able to find 300 RUM brass before I bought my rifle this week.

I bet that if everyone on this site (and had everybody they know with one) took two minutes everyday to send Remington an email about wanting more .300 and .338 ultra mag brass, they would eventually listen. Even if it were to just shut us up, like on Shawshank Redemption.

Bump!
Guys quit complaining and do something about it! Seems like in our society now a days those that yell the loudest get heard the most. Look at the gay community, that's about all you seem to hear about. That and Donald Trump.
I'm sure a majority of the RUM shooters (at least dedicated ones) are hand loading their own ammo. Most probably have custom rifles or barrels. Remington may not even have a clue how many of us are really out there. They may base their production off of there knowledge of past rifle sales or how little of their severely overprice RUM ammo gets sold.

I talked to Remington a month ago. I asked if they intended to discontinue the 300 RUM. NO WAY they said, it is a big seller. They HOPE to be able to make some brass sometime this year. Yes sure...when there is no Rem loaded ammo out there they are going to make component brass for us.

It would seem who ever gets their brass on the market first will make a killing. I'd bet we would be willing to pay $2 a piece pretty soon.

-----------------------------------

Just saw Rem brass listed at Lohman Arms. Have no idea if it is available.
http://www.lohmanarms.com/product-p/remu300u.htm (713) 937-3334

---------------

SWFA has some inexpensive Rem ammo listed. Cannot find out for sure if it is in stock. It is too early to call. 972-726-7438

Remington Ammunition .300 RUM 150 CLP SP Core-Lokt | SWFA

----------------------------------

As a last resort you could buy the 338 Edge brass and neck it down.
338 Edge Brass

--------------------------------------

Or if you are rich you could buy this 1000 round package of Norma brass:

300 Rem Ultra Mag Unprimed Rifle Brass 1000 Count by NORMA Price: $1,953.45

Get it and peddle some.

I emailed Remington about a month ago about RUM brass. In short order they basically told me to pound sand that they where producing ammo as fast as they could. Hornady on the other hand, is getting into the RUM brass business but at $79 for 20 300 RUM cases!!!! They said if it sells good they will consider 338 RUM. For those prices I can buy loaded ammo for the brass cheaper. I will continue to send out emails but I want hold my breath for any results.

I just called Bullets.com and told them of the shortage of 300 RUM brass. I know the owner is a F class shooter and likes to keep himself and other shooters well supplied. They currently don't carry any RUM brass.

He has a deal with Norma to make him 284 win brass. I suggested perhaps they could carry Norma 300 RUM brass broken down into 50 round or 100 round allotments. I have always liked going there because when most suppliers were out they tended to have a particular component.

So, I just read all of the posts on this thread and no one mentioned the Burtrom 338 EDGE brass that Shawn sells!! Simply neck it down and shoot!! lightbulb

Unless, of course, he is out of stock, also. :cool:

Tod

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts