260 Rem vs 6.5 Creedmr. What's the real Difference??

i have the LRH in 6.5 creddmoor and love it.

the biggest advantage is being able to seat the heaver bullets longer.

the biggest disadvantage is the lack of companies makeing rounds and cases.

but i have seen anouther company making loaded rouns now for the creedmoor.

The short throat is only on factory rifles. I had my custom .260 cut with a long throat so I could easily shoot heavier slugs. With a 22-250; a 243 and a 6mmBR.....I dont need any little bullet weight wise rifles. My 260 is a long throat and the 25-06 AI that Im putting together presently are both made for long bullets

The short throat is only on factory rifles. I had my custom .260 cut with a long throat so I could easily shoot heavier slugs. With a 22-250; a 243 and a 6mmBR.....I dont need any little bullet weight wise rifles. My 260 is a long throat and the 25-06 AI that Im putting together presently are both made for long bullets

thats good but thats custom guns you can build or set them up any way you want.
i was talking about a factory gun. they come how the guy that put it together at the factory felt like doing it that day lol

i dont know why people say the 260 out preforms the 6.5CM as i see it there equal in preformance.

now this is with factory loads straight out of the books

rem 260 120 AT/BT 2890 fps

hornady 6.5 120 a-max 2910 fps

hornady 6.5 120 gmx 3050 fps

rem 260 140 ultra bonded 2750 fps

hornady 6.5 140 a-max 2710 fps

so really with the lighter bullet the 6.5 outpreforms abit. now im not saying that the 260 is not a good choice and it may be the better if you dont reload do to more makers of loaded ammo but the 6.5 creedmoor holds its own very well in these battle.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.