6.5 Creedmore vs. 260 Rem.

liltank

So I have been reading some things lately and would like some opinions. This is more for informational purposes verses needing info for a build. Though any information would benefit any reader considering either caliber.

I was reading on Accurateshooter.com today about the Snipers Hide Cup in Texas (Match Report: 2011 Sniper's Hide Cup in Texas « Daily Bulletin). The winner and runner up were both using the 6.5 Creedmore with factory Hornady ammo. I know there was and is a .260 Rem craze and wondering what the real difference is. I have noticed that both seem to be ballistic twins, but why would one be more attractive than the other? I know for me right now the 260 would be the better option due to brass selection, but you can't knock the fact that this caliber performed well and even using factory ammo.

According to this article they had to shoot to 1000yds and at times in 24mph gusting winds. So this proves the capability of the caliber (6.5mm/.264"). But what about the cartridge? What say you?

Tank

They are ballistic twins. Neither one will do what the other can't. However, my nod goes to the 260 due to brass selection especially with the advent of 260 Rem. Lapua brass.

I have both in different rifles. A 260 in DPMS LR and a GA Precision Surgeon action custom. My 6.5 is an Eliseo Pierce action set up that is built for across the course competion or long range competition. I do not think that either is significantly better than the other. National match records are being set with 260 REM. in a TUBB 2000.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.