XLR Chassis Rifles

Didn't read all the posts but assume most people like a chassis for the same reasons: adjustable, light, vertical grip, folder….. for me it's all that so I can make the rifle as compact as possible and retain long range capability. It checked the boxes and it's a decent chassis.

979F7BF2-741A-499F-AE1D-17A174F1BF64.jpeg

I like the magnesium and when I get the money for a build it's on my buy list.
titanium action
magnesium chassis
and other lite weight items
CF barrel is in question as only 1# less than a stainless barrel at 32" in the profile I use.

Any plans to make the element or atom for the winchester xpr?
I was wanting to build a short 300wsm folder for suppressed hunting -- someone used to make a chassis for the xpr then discontinued it. Hoping you all make one in the near future

I have always built on carbon stocks but have officially switched over to XLR Chassis for my hunting rifles.
I will be adding a 338 lapua and 22 lr trainer to match these too in the near future. Already have the 4.0 stocks on order. I'll use the aluminum chassis for these next two builds to add some weight.

Here are my latest two XLR chassis builds done by Oregon Mountain Rifles.

I work in Carbon Fiber so I built my own Butt stocks.
I didn't build these necessarily to be extremely light but I wanted the ability to add the heavier Hatch bipod or heavier optics if I want too without being too heavy.

XLR Element 3.0 Magnesium
Mack Bros Titanium short action
24" 6.5 Prc OMR Carbon fiber wrapped barrel
Home built Carbon Fiber buttstock
Triggertech Diamond trigger
Hawkins rings
OMR self timing break
Carbon Fiber bolt knob
Vortex Razor LHT 4.5-22x50 FFP
Weight with scope is 8# 2oz.

Bottom
OMR Lonerock Titanium Long action
26" 300 Prc OMR Carbon fiber wrapped barrel
Hawkins rings
OMR self timing break
Carbon Fiber bolt knob
Hatch bipod
Weight with scope is 8# 8 oz.
1655696379699.png

1655696324818.png

1655696279756.png

1655696179303.png

Last edited:
Didn't read all the posts but assume most people like a chassis for the same reasons: adjustable, light, vertical grip, folder….. for me it's all that so I can make the rifle as compact as possible and retain long range capability. It checked the boxes and it's a decent chassis.

View attachment 372931
Compact rifles are the best! My barreled action just got finished up for my 6.5 last night! 18-inch barrel so I can slap it in my pack and not have to worry about it until I get to the top of the mountain!

Any plans to make the element or atom for the winchester xpr?
I was wanting to build a short 300wsm folder for suppressed hunting -- someone used to make a chassis for the xpr then discontinued it. Hoping you all make one in the near future
That is not something that we have planned to do. Right now our main focus is dropping lead times before we add any inlets!

I have always built on carbon stocks but have officially switched over to XLR Chassis for my hunting rifles.
I will be adding a 338 lapua and 22 lr trainer to match these too in the near future. Already have the 4.0 stocks on order. I'll use the aluminum chassis for these next two builds to add some weight.

Here are my latest two XLR chassis builds done by Oregon Mountain Rifles.

I work in Carbon Fiber so I built my own Butt stocks.
I didn't build these necessarily to be extremely light but I wanted the ability to add the heavier Hatch bipod or heavier optics if I want too without being too heavy.

Mack Bros Titanium short action
24" 6.5 Prc OMR Carbon fiber wrapped barrel
Hawkins rings
OMR self timing break
Carbon Fiber bolt knob
Weight with scope is 8# 2oz.

Bottom
OMR Lonerock Titanium Long action
26" 300 Prc OMR Carbon fiber wrapped barrel
Hawkins rings
OMR self timing break
Carbon Fiber bolt knob
Hatch bipod
Weight with scope is 8# 8 oz.
View attachment 373110

View attachment 373109

View attachment 373108
View attachment 373107
Those look, awesome man! Those buttstocks are pretty cool too! The biggest question though is how are you liking the mac bros action? I am not sure what is harder to get ahold of, those or magnum primers!

Compact rifles are the best! My barreled action just got finished up for my 6.5 last night! 18-inch barrel so I can slap it in my pack and not have to worry about it until I get to the top of the mountain!
Exactly. In the winter I use a snow bike to hunt wolves and folding it up and running it in a eberlestock keeps it low profile and from whacking trees. Hiking up the mountain in the dark is the same gig. I've had mdt for years and been around mpa a lot. This 4.0 could use some minor tweaks but it's a solid performer and since I got mine I've put together 4 more for friends.