XLC or TSX?

Kodiakhntr, You can "bite the bullet" and order direct from Barnes. Also try the various on line sales outfits. Barnes will put them on sale when they discontinue. Good luck.

I am trying to figure out which bullet to use right now between the 2. The xlc's shoot better in my gun than the tsx but I am wondering what the downrange difference would be betwwen the 2. I would also like to know if the tsx expands better than the xlc's. Anyone try to test to see if the tsx groups better and flies flatter than the xlc's?

Barnes changed the ogive on the TSX for better accuracy. XLC is identical to the original boat tail X bullet. In theory, the TSX should open slightly easier because of design changes, but I doubt that you will see any real difference in the field. Problem is that the XLC is phasing out.

Fineally somone said that XLC's are on the cut list very true!...TSX great bullet..in my 300WM the 168 TSX and the 180AB shoot the same ragged hole of 5. Finding the correct jump for a Barnes is the key to getting great results!

It appears my 25-06 barrel was not right for the 100XLC, but the TSX 100 was OK & the 115TSX even better. Now I have a buttload of 100XLC's to dispose of.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts