Wyoming draw is out

There is enough BLM and a WIHA (look it up on the G&F website) up along Beaver Creek in the northwest part of 23 not too far from the Powder River and south of I-90 that's the western boundary of unit 23 to have a decent hunt. It's not typical antelope country and is rather rough, but they are there if you get out off the roads and cover some rolling country to find them. Get a good BLM map and I would strongly suggest you get a Garmin GPS and a Wyoming chip for it so you know exactly where you are and don't trespass. Just using a paper map is ripe to get a trespass ticket! That will be cheaper in the long run than making a mistake and getting a trespass ticket, which will ruin a hunt real quick. Good luck!

Ok, thanks. I have several chips for the GPS and I feel they are priceless.

***Couldn't agree with you more! They are the best thing there is, especially if you're hunting anywhere near private land where the boundaries are hard to distinguish. I found many marked corners and section lines last year out there with mine and it was always within 10 feet. You can't get any closer than that without spending big bucks on surveyor-type equipment.

My out of state guys as well as myself drew for the family ranch this year. I'm really surprised, I figured there'd be a couple disappointed folks this year.

Hoo-Rah! Just might turn out alright.

t

Never had a problem drawing area 7. Finely talked wife in going. We both drew plus I drew a doe tag. Hoping to get a young on right off and fix some steaks while camping on the prairie.

Might even try to pick up a deer or two out there prior to elk season.

Goog luck I'm heading down by Casper in 3 1/2 weeks have buck tag for area 72 and 2 doe tags for area 73 and 2 doe tags for area 71. I think the 338 edge is going to do some barking can't wait my first antelope hunt.

I drew a 73 buck tag and picked up a couple of doe tags for my little cousin in 25 gonna try and get him his first big game animal ever.

My son (12) and I drew 34. This will be his first antelope hunt. I've got him off bipod at 200 already, working up to 300. Really proud of his shooting.

I've got a question and sure you guys can help me out. I went on my first Wyoming antelope hunt last year. We met a really nice rancher who told us if we could draw for his area we could hunt his land, now here's my question I put in for his area this year but didn't get drawn so does that give me a preference point or do you have to buy them?

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.