Wyoming Archery Regulations

IdahoJoe

I was all set to go archery hunting for elk this weekend and I think I may have a hiccup in my plans. So If any one could clarify this it would be appreciated.

Unit 7 is a draw tag for rifles. Can I archery hunt there with a general permit?

I read the regulations and it is still unclear to me but the deer regulations pretty much say that you have to have the drawn license even in the archery season. This is my first year coming from Idaho so again thanks for the help.

I am not familiar with wyoming regs in detail but no matter what kind of replies you get, I would call Wyo. G&F and get a clarification.

I don't believe you can hunt in any "limited Quota" area, with a general license. Unless it is stated in the regs.
Call the G&F to double check.

If your tag is a general, then all you can hunt is general areas, during their respective seasons no matter the weapons. Most all areas have an archery season unless there is a type 9 limited quota tag in that area and even so, sometimes they will overlap with some general tags during the same archery season usually within the last 15 days of september. If a guy could hunt area 7 with a general tag even during archery, then every tom, dick, and harry would be in there doing it as its a pretty good tag.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.