Wyatts Boxes

duckhunter175

All,

I have a 7RUM build at the gunsmith now. Base action was a 300RUM BDL. It is getting a 26" Proof Sendero Light and a McM Game Scout Edge.

To increase the COAL I was looking at Wyatt's magazine boxes. I don't want the DBM with $80 magazines and the extra weight. I want to keep my BDL bottom metal and get to 3.825 or possibly even 4.000 of COAL.

Wyatt's has 3 boxes I'm looking at-- the CFE-9 (3.990 inside, center feed design) or the CFE-12 (3.825, center feed).... OR the MBE-3 (3.825 inside, stagger feed).

Any advise on which way to go?? Center vs Stagger and 3.825 vs 3.990??

I own both the 3.825's.

The CFE 12 is blued steel, holds 2 rounds, and the follower is pretty poor.

The MBE 3 is nickle plated, holds 3 rounds, and if you buy wyatt's follower is really nice, but will take a bit of work with the feed lips to get it to work properly.

I might have an extra one kicking around, I will look tonight.

I use the cfe-9, straighten the feed lips, and use the Remington follower. It is best to add some length to the front of the follower by welding. It holds 2 cartridges in the magazine and is staggered feed. Works great. Gary

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.