WY Antelope UNit 23-24

wrgale

There have been a few posts regarding antelope hunt areas 23-24. I am an 11-year wyo resident and have been unable to draw out for the past four years out in Pinedale. I am looking for any leads on some properties that allow DIY with a trespass fee. It would be myself and my father I have been writing letters and making calls with no luck. Any help would be appreciated as my father and I have been trying to connect on an antelope hunt for some time.

It's tough. No real good public access and the private lands are pretty much tied up. I live in Eastern WY and tried to find a place to hunt up there with no success. Be sure you get access if you are going to apply.

Best of luck.

I got lucky this year and drew EIGHT hunt units in Nevada, all in one area kinda north-central in the state. Now I have a lot of scouting to do.

My rifle is a 6.5 PRC Browning X-Bolt with a 4.5 - 18 x 44 Bushnell Elite LRTS scope with a G3 illuminated reticle. That reticle and my 10 x 42 range finding binoculars should put the odds in my favor IF I read the wind correctly.
In addition I'll use my hiking poles with Quick stiX connectors for shooting sticks. I shoot long range competition so I am used to the distances I'll find in antelope hunting. Even so I'll limit my range to 800 yards on a calm day.

There have been a few posts regarding antelope hunt areas 23-24. I am an 11-year wyo resident and have been unable to draw out for the past four years out in Pinedale. I am looking for any leads on some properties that allow DIY with a trespass fee. It would be myself and my father I have been writing letters and making calls with no luck. Any help would be appreciated as my father and I have been trying to connect on an antelope hunt for some time.
Don't feel bad. 3 years here no buck lope and 2 yes. No doe. Tag cut but come on for resident ? BS.

I usually apply down in Pinedale because of how close it is. I did draw the leftover tag for area 23 on private. I will start calling around but I have also been in contact with hunting with heroes and donating it might be a good course of action as they have permission out in the area.

Good on you for the donation.

I've hunted 23. On public it was awful, no real big areas to get away from people so the antelope are run off onto private the first day. We hunted it the second day, didn't see a single antelope but plenty of gut piles (one cluster of which we reported as I doubt any group had that many tags).

The signs we saw for trespass access...I can't remember the price but I recall thinking it was insane anyone would pay that just for an antelope.