• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

WTT Thunderbeast 338 ultra

Tikkamike

I got this thinking I would make A good addition on my ultralight 338 RUM and everything else smaller. While it is very cool, I never use it. In fact I have only shot 5 rounds through it. L It comes with a TBAC 5/8x24 muzzlebrake/adapter. These are $1750 new from TBAC obviously it's now used... I'm looking to trade for Scopes, hand guns (1911, S&W X frame interest me the most) over under shotgun, bolt guns, custom actions, proof barrel.. I'm open to lots of things.. shoot me an offer.
This will need to ship to your local SOT dealer and you'll have to do the paperwork.

C5994943-245A-425B-A58B-21E7256578B0.jpeg
0E473C2C-EB7F-4DE7-BA9F-028A5D505259.jpeg
C805F8CD-A1AD-4223-B9D8-A96D0B448ED4.jpeg
1D7DC493-2CC9-45A9-A611-2B8324FFE3C6.jpeg

Last edited:
I have the same can, there's something about a 338 Lapua that is "hearing safe" that is great for the soul. Free bump to you! Good luck with the sale.

For a can that you've already transferred/Form 4'd in to your or your trust's possession, it's a bit different on resale.

For in-state, you can sell direct to a person with just a single Form 4 transfer. You would maintain possession until their Form 4 clears and you would have to work with them for the paperwork.

For selling out of state, you will need first Form 4 it to their SOT (taking the 4-13+ month processing time) and then their SOT will have to Form 4 it to them (taking again the 4-13+ month processing time. So for out of state sales you end up with 2x the Tax stamps ($400 total) + 2x the paperwork processing time.

Similarly, if you were selling in state but wanted them to use an SOT, then you'd Form 4 it to the SOT and then the SOT would Form 4 it to them, incurring twice the Form 4 tax stamps & processing fees.

It's for this reason that the used suppressor market is pretty tough and people have to take a big hit on selling price.

All that said, it is a hell of a can. Just wanted to make sure buyer and seller are aware of the costs & time for the transfer.

Edit to add - https://www.silencershop.com/blog/post/sell-silencer/

I believe that a Form 3 would be what you'd use to get it to an SOT holder and there would not be a tax. Then the tax would come when the new buyer bought it on a Form 4. I could be wrong but I think that a Form 3 would be used to get it back to the dealer.

It will never be a person-to-person sale. A silencer will always have to go back through a licensed SOT.

SOT's dont pay the stamp fee IF its in their possession as a dealer (from 1 SOT to another, or manufactur to SOT)
https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/f...mpt-transfer-firearm-and-registration-special

BUT if its owned by a private party then yes--- it has a double $200 stamp as the PP has to transfer to the SOT on a form 4, then that SOT can transfer it to another SOT on a form 3 if he likes, then the buyer must file a form 4 also--according to silencershops.com

https://www.silencershop.com/blog/post/sell-silencer/

IF selling in your state then YOU the seller are now the "dealer" and you get to hold on to it for the 12 months ( or what ever) that it takes for the form 4 to clear the ATF for the new buyer--- the approved form 4 is sent to the seller and then he/she transfers it to he buyer after it is approved

if your suppressor is owned by your Trust, then you can add the name of the buyer to your trust so the buyer can use the suppressor while waiting for the form 4 to clear---IF you trust the buyer that much

Last edited:
It will never be a person-to-person sale. A silencer will always have to go back through a licensed SOT.
Not so. An SOT dealer is necessary in order to cross state lines. But in-state transfers can go person to person on form 4.
Also, the only way a form 3 can be used is by an SOT. We pay an annual fee for transfers rather than paying for one transfer at a time, basically.

Recent Posts