• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTS/WTT 1905 German Drilling

ydduit

What you are looking at is a pre WWI German Guild Gun. It appears to be built on one of the Zella-Mehlis Roux action variants. The proof marks indicate that this drilling was proofed in Zella-Mehlis in May of 1905. The only maker marks found is LK (Barrelmaker's signature - Louis Kelber (LK), active near Suhl at the turn of the century). The rifle barrel appears to be chambered in 9.3x72R but should have a chamber casting done to be sure. The shotgun barrels are"short chambered" with 2 9/16"(65mm)chambers and both are choked tight. The left barrel appears to have a slight bulge and the stock appears to have been refinished quite some time ago. The game scenes are all hand engraved and are intricately detailed. there is a cartridge trap in the buttstock that is also intricately carved with a hunter scene. Top selector raises the rear sight and selects the rifle barrel when slid forward. I have not test fired this gun and am unsure of the functionality. Ammo can still be purchased for this but may be hard to find. This is a rare piece of pre WWI German history...Most likely a war bring-back.
$1500 shipped. Don't be afraid to shoot me an offer...worst I can say is no.
I'd prefer to work out a trade on this...

Would be interested in the following:

Long range optics (Preferably)
1911s
Glocks
HK 45 or USP
S&W Revolvers
Bolt/lever guns

Or something different. Shoot me your trade offers and maybe we can work something out.
More pictures available upon request

8eza.jpg

Please send me a few pictures of the gun from the end of the barrels and another of the action opened. My email is ncyellowfin at gmail. Com. Obviously remove the space and use the @.
I have some of all you are looking to trade.