• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTS: Pre 64 Winchester 308

Dan Tucker

Nope it is not all original but it is a descent rifle that I bought from a forum member that I wanted to change around and use to coyote hunt with. It is a project that I started but just did not completely finish it all the way I wanted to.

It is a pre 64 Winchester target rifle I bought from a forum member who acquired it from an estate sale. The stock has a really nice piece of straight grain walnut. It has a Obermeyer 11 twist heavy profile barrel that when he bought it had not been fired yet after it was built. He put about 200 rounds on the rifle before I bought it. I had the stock refinished and a nice recoil pad put on it. The bolt knob had been threaded where the hole is at the end of it and a bolt scewed in. I am not a Winchester guru but it looks like the back of the tang has been rounded. I had it taken out and fixed and it is solid now. Had the swivel stud on bottom of the butt stock and the rail that was in the forarm filled with walnut and 2 new sling studs installed. The barrel was cut down to 18 inches and recrowned also. The stock came bedded when I received the rifle. The bottom metal is all original and is in descent shape. The action is in nice shape and the action, bolt, stock and bottom metal and trigger are all original. I had the trigger adjusted and it breaks with no creed at around 2 pounds very nicely. The only thing I had left to do was I was going to have the bottom metal cleaned up, bolt disassembled and cleaned and have all of it cerekoted black. I have not shot the rifle yet and it comes with the 20moa pic rail on the receiver. I saved some info from the sale and here is a little more about it.

Pre 64 308 Obermeyer 5r, match stock, bedded, sight base, less than 200 rounds fired.

I bought this rifle from an estate. The barrel was unfired. This action has a matching numbered bolt and was trued/built by Ray A Simard. I had my plumber turn the snout for Houle tubes. I zero'd it with 175 SMK and it holds 1/2 MOA @600yards.

If you have any questions just ask and I will answer them the best I can.

1050.00 shipped and insured

listed elsewhere
DSC00005_zpstwmrkjd0.jpg

DSC00006_zpsidxylpbi.jpg

DSC00007_zpsi3jcmuwz.jpg

DSC00008_zps3g8rj83j.jpg

DSC00014_zpskjufnhoq.jpg

DSC00015_zpswhspe5q0.jpg

I would be interested in a Zeiss Conquest scope new or mint in a 4.5-14 or 6.5-20 in part trade.

I would be interested in part trade for a new or mint Zeiss Conquest 4.5-14 or 6.5-20 with duplex reticle.