• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTS: McWhorter .338 RUM

oubeta

I had this rifle built for a brown bear hunt last fall. Rifle has been fired exactly 50 rounds by myself. McWhorter did the load development on the rifle. The recipe will go with the gun. They were able to get .33's with 225r TTX's. It's a solid 1/2" gun with me behind the trigger. Rifle looks new and shoots like they guarantee. It has a new Nightforce 2.5-10x42 (mil) on it now that I sell with it if someone is interested in the scope. It's sighted in ready to go. I'll try to get some pics up in the next few days. Rifle is located in Edmond, OK. McWhorter is one of the best when it comes to hunting rifles. I've have 2 of his rifles and they are absolute hammers. They feed flawlessly and super smooth. They are expensive, but you get what you pay for. This gun will shoot 1/2" groups with factory off the shelf hunting ammo. Doesn't kick bad at all with the brake he put on it. I think he's about a year out on new orders and I heard his prices went up also.

McWhorter Rifles .338 RUM

Stiller action
Krieger # 5.5 Fluted match barrel 24" plus muzzlebrake
McMillan Rem Hunter Edge stock- Painted Olive per your instructions
Matte Black Cerakote on all metal
BDL bottom metal
Jewell Trigger @ 1.5 lbs (changed to 2.5lbs)
Flush cups installed on LH side of stock per request, Atlas rail installed per your request.
Load development done with Barnes 225 Tipped Triple shock bullets .33 (they shot better than the accubonds- .52" MOA)
20 MOA Rail- scope installed, sighted, etc
20 Rounds ammo, load data, Hardcase

$4995 Rifle with Flush cups and Atlas rail installed
$ 300 3 extra boxes of ammo including shipping
$ 65 Shipping in hardcase

$5360 Total

Asking $4000 with some loaded ammo. No trades

emial is the best way to reach me. I don't check my PM's much. meadowsoil AT cox DOT net

Thanks

I added some Marine-Tex to the stock to give it some texture. I built this for Alaska and wanted to avoid a slick stock when it got wet. I was going to Cerakote over it, but decided it looked pretty good in black. It would look like a factory stock if you painted or hydro-dipped it.
The scope is a 2.5-10x32 not a 42mm as indicated above. If someone wants the scope I would sell it with the rifle. I don't want to sell the scope without selling the rifle. Will negioate on price some.

T7WAAL.jpg

1nDShl.jpg

vxijk4.jpg

howfZo.jpg

o1Sf8I.jpg