• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTS Custom 30-06 ACKLEY

Brianc74

I have a custom 30-06 Ackley with 40' shoulder. Here are the specs of the rifle.

1. No prefix 7 digit serial number REM. 700 LA BDL fully blueprinted action. Barreled action is bedded to stock with Devcon Steelbed.
2. McMillan Hunter Edge stock ( in the grey paint).
3. Lilja #2 contour 30 cal. 1-11 twist 3 groove 25 inches long.
4. Holland Quick Discharge Break that is screwed on and has thread protector when not using the break.
5. Holland Match recoil lug .250
6. Timney trigger set at 1.5 lbs at this time. (BREAKS LIKE GLASS).
7. All metal of the rifle - the scope,rings,bases has been CERAKOTED BLACK SEMIGLOSS.
8. Scope is a Leupold VX3 CDS 3.5-10-40 obj. with custom turret of 168 TBTTX at 2950 fps and goes out to 700 yards
9. Rings and bases are Leupold dovetail.
10. Polcat Bypod from Stonnypoint.
11. Redding Neck Sizing Die Set.
12. Lapua 30-06 brass.
The first load I tried shot 1/2 inch at 200 yards for me, so that was perfect for me with a lightweight rifle. Rifle weight setup is 7.5 lbs. $3600.00 invested, will sell for $2700.00 OBO + Shipping and Handling
CALL IF INTERESTED (208) 467-0334 BRIAN. Pictures on other website

Last edited:
Send it back to the top for the weekend, for all those who had a late season tag or were out bustin some yotes. Here is another very fine firearm. She sure did feel nice in my arms looking through the scope. The owner takes very good care of his equipment treats them with kid gloves. I was really hoping to get to go out shooting with him and shoot his 6.5X284 and the 06 Ackley, but had other commitments to take care of. You won't be disapointed. Now I will never have the chance to shoot it. Good luck Brian.
Chuck

How about a post dated IOU????
I can't believe no one has snagged that bad boy, I figured it would be long gone before I went in for my back surgery and thats been a week now, I got out of the hospital on Sunday. At this rate I don't think I will get to go out shooting until at least March. Someone better jump on this bad boy before I figure out a way to come up with that money to buy it.

Still up for sale. Offers are welcomed. I can sell just rifle if needed.