• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

WTB/WTT 6.5 bullets

It's extremely frustrating right now especially.... it's not like you can run down and buy factory ammo to confirm anything! I kinda agree if a gun doesn't shoot better than that with factory ammo something is wrong. I'll return your PM later, but if you want other bullets than what you listed to test I have some A-max and others as well.

Last edited:
It's extremely frustrating right now especially.... it's not like you can run down and buy factory ammo to confirm anything! I kinda agree if a gun doesn't shoot better than that with factory ammo something is wrong. I'll return your PM latter, but if you want other bullets than what you listed to test I have some A-max and others as well.

I believe I have some hammers sourced locally. 100gr TTSX might be ideal for this rifle and my use for it being as a timber rifle to pair with my 30-06 as the primary rifle. It is intended to be my son's (he is four) and was purchased in the summer of 2020 for my dad to use when we found out he had pancreatic cancer. He shot a 168" buck with it and factory federal trophy copper (which grouped in the 3" range) BUT a sidewalk of blood sprayed out for 30 yards to a dead buck. So, a win win lose-->deadly, non-lead, but not accurate on the etip.

The rifle will have the action engraved with a message from my dad to my son. My goal is to establish with any bullet that it CAN shoot acceptably, and if not, it will get a new barrel at some point. I have been told the Hammers and the ELD-x/m should shoot in anything, but if I can sling a more robust hunting bullet for this testing that would kind of kill two with one stone.

Here's what I have available:

Nosler 130 gr. Accubond (seconds) - any amount up to 250 bullets
Hornady 140 gr. A-Max - 32 bullets
Hornady 129 gr. Interlock - 47 bullets
Barnes 127 gr. LRX - 50 bullets
Hammer 129 gr. Absolute - 131 bullets
Hammer 134 gr. Shock - 58 bullets

If interested in any of these, send me a PM.