• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTB: Winchester Heavy Varmint M70 222

JD222

Looking for a Winchester M70 Heavy Varmint rifle in 222 Rem. to purchase. Rifle must be in excellent condition.

JD222

A .222 M70 recently listed on gunsinternational.com, varmint/predator rifles. Denver Gun Room has it ; says 22" barrel but looks longer to me...

Thank you Lew,

But I'm looking specifically for the "Heavy Varmint" model.

It's stamped on the barrel HEAVY VARMINT & has a stainless 26" Wilson barrel & came from Winchester with that barrel & in a black HS Precision stock. They were made in the '90s.

I might be interested in the same gun in .223 if it was a latter model with the fluted barrel.

Thank you,
JD222

I'm fortunate enough to own each caliber made in the Heavy Varmint series. The 222 was the last one I acquired and the hardest to find in good shape. I believe they only made the 222 one year, 1997. Be seen a couple on Gunbroker over the last 6-8 months. They are out there just hard to find. I see the 223s much more often.

Yes sir, they are hard to come. I replied to you in another post & said if we were friends, I'd just steal it from you & called you a lucky dog.

One came up on GB about 7-8 months ago, LN with box. Starting bid $895 with buy now $1295. I told myself I'd watch it a couple days & the next morning it was gone to buy it now!

That won't ever happen to me again if it's like new & has the box. I bought a Swift LNIB, shot 10 times, 3 weeks ago for $1050 shipped with insurance.

You've got a great collection of them. Thank you,

Jim D

Congrats on the swift! I still search for them. My swift has a really high round count and if like to replace it.

If I see a 222 I'll let ya know. The 222 I picked up is like most Heavy Varmints, shoots itty bitty groups with a variety of loads.

Have a nice day!

There's a Swift HV on GB now unfired in the box. I talked to the guy by email & he said it's never been fired. IMO, it's a little high but how many do you see NIB, very, very few. In fact this might be the first one NIB that I've seen. Have a good day.

Jim D

I appreciate the heads up. I don't think I've ever seen a new in the box with either, one of the most popular of the series.

Have you ever had one of the Winchester sharpshooters? Very similar rifles but they have a Claw extractor and more of a vertical grip.

Yes sir, I have. My buddy & I both bought one at the same time in 7 STW. I had a weak moment & sold mine but my buddy still has his. I can't remember what year we got them, they had a grayish stock with light black webbing. Ours had a regular type stock not any vertical grip. Wish I still had it.

About a year or a little more, there was one on GB new in box in 220 Swift. I bid up to $1750 but it went for right at $2000.

Jim D
EMAIL: [email protected]