• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTB:War Trophy on a form 5

gcollins

I didn't know where to post this. If this is not proper:: PLEASE DELETE I have never ever wanted to offend any one in my life, and have no plans to change that.

Some folks think finding a needle in a Hay Stack is HARD, Ha,Ha.
I live in the state of Kansas, and Kansas was not a legal class 3 state, about 5 years a go that changed!
If a Soldier brought a class 3 (sub machine and machine guns) had to make them un workable according to the BATF rules when you brought it home, and then pay a 1 time fee of $200.00 for a Tax stamp dewat on a form 5.
I made the mistake of living here my whole life. I have always wanted a Sub- Gun, but back when I could of paid for one ($750.00--$1000.00) the good old state of Kansas said NO GO!! So the only way I will ever have one is to find a Dewat that is on a form 5, and then apply for a form 1 tax stamp and paid the $200.00 and wait 6 month's to see if you get the okay, but if not a person still has to pay a $200.00 form 5 dewat tax stamp.
I know there are some out there because a friend found 2 of them, well he had a friend that knew where they were,. Maybe, if I get the word out, I might find one.
I want to thank all of you folks that have taken the time to read this.
Greg

I have a couple of them, but will be keeping them!!

I have a MP5 & a M14 from my Navy Seal days!!

Took 3 purple hearts, medal of Valor, Silver & Bronze star, & nominated for congressional medal of honor, but denied it since I didn't die!!!!

I live in IL & have to store them in OH!!!!

Moving to FL full time 1st of year, then I can have them!!!

Hi Tom,
First off, I want to thank you for your service and bravery! It is a sad thing that our country doesn't train our service men and women the respect and honor that they should have!
Thanks again for replying and I think it is stupid that you can't have them out!!
Greg

I'm a Class 3 holder myself and I own a couple sub guns. Fun and very expensive to shoot. For me, mostly an investment and I certainly would never parade around with them anywhere. 10 times worse than a CPL and I have that as well.

Glad I don't live in Illinois. That has to be the most bacward state in the country but then look what came from there....

My cousin lives outside Joilet and I get nervous just going to visit him.

My last one came primarily from DPMS Arms with all the machiing done in house in my shop.

sidecarflip,
I assume that you bought a class 3 drop in auto sear? If that is not right, then I am lost. I am glad you guys are threating my post without the bad mouthing I got on another site!
I thank you guys for looking at my post with eyes wide open, I am not trying steal anything, I am not looking for a gift, out of million's of readers I am in hopes that someone knows someone who knows someone that knows where one might be! I have a friend that has 2 at he rewated.
Thanks Folks.
Greg

Yes and no. I built a sub gun in the shop using available components from DPMS that are only available with an FFL license. You can buy the kits but they involve extensive machining. The barrels are obtained already machined but the receivers and feed mechanisms must be machined by the purchaser. The iintrinsic components are provided in a raw state, ready for machining and necessaty prints to complete. Not sure if you can even obtain the components at this time. I built the gun years ago, prior to all the contrived political BS thats occuring today.

It's not a project for the unskilled home machinist. I have my journeymans card in T&D and the tools so it was no biggie. As it was, it took 2 years off and on to get it operational. Mine is an MG42, 8mm Mauser belt fed over the top. double claw extractor with a capability of 1200 rounds per minute in stock form. If you lighten the extractor it can do upwards of 1800 round per minute.

I also own a Browning 50.

Both are extremely expensive to cycle.

Neither of which are for sale btw. For me, they are an investment.