• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTB Timney trigger for Rem. 700 with safety

I have them in stock. The standard 510 is 112.50 shipped. The calvin elite is 168 shipped. They can be purchased through my online store or over the phone. Let me know if you have any questions.

Ryan Pierce
Piercision Rifles
www.piercisionrifles.com
563-586-2000

Is the Calvin elite worth the extra money? I also like the trigger to have more of a shoe in it and didn't know if that was possible with the Calvin elite.

Thanks

Yes the calvin is worth the money. Its just as good as any jewell Ive had. And for 45 less than a jewell its a no brainer.

I have them in stock. The standard 510 is 112.50 shipped. The calvin elite is 168 shipped. They can be purchased through my online store or over the phone. Let me know if you have any questions.

Ryan Pierce
Piercision Rifles
www.piercisionrifles.com
563-586-2000

Just ordered one of these from you Ryan and at a great price. Thanks
I will be looking to buy several more in the future if this transaction goes smoothly.
I am wanting to replace triggers on all my 700 actions with the same trigger and weight (except for my bench guns).

I have processed the order and it will go out today. However the address you gave me changes when I plug it into the USPS website to print a label off. Give me a call at the shop so I know its alright to send it to that address. Expected delivery to that address is Monday. I will wait for your call before I ship it out. Thank you for your business.

Ryan Pierce
Piercision Rifles
www.piercisionrifles.com
563-586-2000

Yes the calvin is worth the money. Its just as good as any jewell Ive had. And for 45 less than a jewell its a no brainer.

also depends on what weight he wants his trigger. Max a calvin elite can do is 2.5lbs. That is my absolute minimum for a hunting rifle unless it is only being shot in warm weather. 2 seasons ago it was slightly drizzling in 35 degree weather. My hands just about went numb. I was walking in when a buck stepped out in front of me. Drew my rifle on him...and the gun went off a bit sooner than expected. Luckily I follow gun safety and kept finger off trigger until I was on target. Got the buck. The trigger was set to 1.8lbs Now all my cold weather hunting rifles are right at 3lbs and a nice crisp break. Just my experience anyways.

I would of killed for 35 degrees the last few days of our late muzz season. Didn't get above zero that whole week. I had to wear my snowmobiling outfit. Trigger weight just depends on what your used to I guess. My muzz is 4 ounces. My other hunting guns are .5 lbs-1 lb.

I would of killed for 35 degrees the last few days of our late muzz season. Didn't get above zero that whole week. I had to wear my snowmobiling outfit. Trigger weight just depends on what your used to I guess. My muzz is 4 ounces. My other hunting guns are .5 lbs-1 lb.

I was the same way until this happened. Were your fingers almost numb and you tried to shoot? Trust me...you will think you are just covering the trigger and then bam the shot goes off. Bring a bucket of water and ice to gun range. Hold your hand in there for a few minutes until ice cold. Then try and shoot and you will see what I'm saying. If you have a nice clean break and good trigger control you don't need to go below 3lbs. Miculek Dany many other comp shooter have demonstrated this. Yes they use once triggers but hunting...you really don't need that light

Never got cold in my snowmobiling clothes and gloves and it was well below zero. I can see where your coming from though if your hands are numb. If I was in a position where my hands would/could be numb I would definitely have heavier triggers. I just keep my hands in those big sleeves stuffed with a bunch of hand warmers. If a deer pops out the fingers are out in the elements for about 15 seconds tops until there is a bang flop.

Ryan- Just ordered the standard 510. Before sending out I didn't know if you would be able to set it to 1.5 lbs? If you able to set it great but if not don't worry.

Thanks for the great price!gun)

It is always a good idea to practice proper gun safety! I notice a different problem. I shoot extensively in cold weather and find that as my fingers freeze, it is difficult to have a good trigger pull, and it normally feels like my trigger weight is far too heavy even though it is only about 10-12 oz.

Let me know how that Calvin elite does if you can. I have been thinking about getting one myself.

Ryan,

I'll give you a call Monday morning to order 2 of the Rem 700 Calvin Elites.

When I found out I wouldn't get my recalled rifles back for 2 months, THAT'S more od a problem than a trigger. I'm quite the impatient type.

Thanks
Bob