SOLD/EXPIRED WTB/T Savage model 12 Target LRP ACTION

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired' started by wilkup, Jan 10, 2014.

1. wilkup

wilkup Well-Known Member

Anyone know where I can buy one of these actions?

Thanks.

2. markb317

markb317 Well-Known Member

try Northland Shooters Supply

3. romad97

romad97 Well-Known Member

Jim at Northland does have the target actions. You said LRP in your thread though. Do you want a single shot target action or do in want the LRP repeater action?

4. wilkup

wilkup Well-Known Member

I'm looking for a repeater action. I saw the single shots and the varmints he has available though. Thoughts on the VLP vs. the LRP...?

5. romad97

The LRP is the only target style repeater that savage makes. The VLP is just a standard ss savage action. As far as accuracy there will be no difference. I wanted an LRP for a long time to do a custom build but they are extremely rare to come by becouse they never sold them as a stand alone action, you can only get them by finding someone who has parted their rifle out. They do pop up but are very rare.

6. wilkup

wilkup Well-Known Member

Are there any shops who could mill out the bottom of a single shot target action for me and convert it to a repeater?

7. romad97

Thats a good question. I am sure it can be done but, the cost would probably outweigh the benefit. Also, the target actions are a three screw setup, which not too big a deal, just use the two that are spaced at 4.4 and you can drop it into a standard SA stock. I feel your pain as I wanted an LRP action really bad but just couldn't get one at a decent price and didn't want to do a part out job on a new rifle. Good luck in your venture. I have pretty much convinced myself that at some point I am going to just purchase a 12LRP in a 260 and shoot it til the barrel is shot out. At that point I will build my custom rig off of the action.

8. songdogslayer

songdogslayer Well-Known Member

Just buy a complete rifle and sell the stock and action. Stock would bring 250 all day and the barrel should be worth 175-200 easy

9. Shane1

Shane1 Well-Known Member

I have a savage lrp 6.5 creedmoor barreled action. I bought the gun for my daughter 3 months ago. Turned out a little to heavy for her. Shoots really well, about 60 rounds threw it. I was going to re-barrel with lighter contour but it's such a tack driver it would be a real waste. All my extra stocks and gun parts are Remington based so I would prefer to start over in that direction. Let me know if your interested.
    It's also threaded 5/8x24 for brake or suppressor.