• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED wtb-savage 300wm barrel

tacticalj

Looking to see if anybody might have a ready to go 300 win mag barrel, used or new, that they want to part with. Like a varmit or magnum profile for a hunting/long range gun! Should be a small shank action I believe. Thanks, Jason

Please confirm if it a large or small shank you need. I was looking at a Like New Savage 300WM yesterday for a project rifle. I want to convert it to a 35 Whelen and looking at the mag action for mag box length. If I end up with the Savage, the barrel will be available shortly after bringing it home.

Well to my understanding only the short mags are large shank. I'll see if I can't confirm that for sure, but I'm pretty sure it's a small shank. Thanks, Jason

It should be a small shank. The only large shanks were RUM, WSM's, and the Target action.

A 300win barrel wouldn't have been on any of them.

Yes its a small shank barrel. Measured 1.055" at the tenon. Still looking, preferably an aftermarket with something like a 1-10 twist or w factory magnum/heavy contour. Aftermarket sporter would work.26" or so would be perfect I think. Thanks, Jason

Have you looked at Savage-barrels.com? I just looked over their site and shot them a message. They are selling McGowen barrels for $250 CM and $270 SS. I'm leaning towards converting the one Savage 110 I currently own into a 35 Whelen rather than getting a new rifle. If I splurge and get buy the Savage 300Win Mag my buddy has, the 300 Win Mag will be available the day I bring the rifle home.

I don't guess I have. I'm planning on trying to call Jim at Northland and see what he has on hand and prices. I also figured I'd check with Kevin at stockade as I want to talk to him about trueing/blueprinting the action. I'll give em a look though and Thanks for the info. I'm on the verge of just going all out, but I originally intended on doing a budget build type setup. I got the complete rifle and it shoots as is, but I can never leave well enough alone! Thanks, Jason

Well I hadn't, but now I have and I'm gonna get one of those I think. I wish it was alittle longer, but 24" will probably work alright. Thanks for more info, Jason