• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTB: Rifle for youth/wife

Bigeclipse

All,
I am looking for a rifle for my wife. She has a somewhat shorter length of pull than your typical rifle comes in. She comfortably fits a 12 to 12 and 3/4 inch stock. This will not be used for extreme ranges, actually id be surprised if she gets to 300 yards so being an extreme tack driver is not necessary. I want to keep this in the 284-308 caliber range. Do not want a 243 or smaller. A 308 winchester would be great but I am open to other calibers (for example 3006, 7mm-08, 260, 280...etc) Thank you!

Remington Sps 308 with rail. 650 shipped. Shorter lop, however not youth length.

A short statured buddy of mine has a factory everything 7-08 savage 10 that drives tacks! Thats a $400 option to consider.

I have an older (pre J-lock) Remington model seven, stainless, synthetic, 20" barrel that is in excellent condition that I would consider parting with. PM me if you're interested and I'll send pics.

A short statured buddy of mine has a factory everything 7-08 savage 10 that drives tacks! Thats a $400 option to consider.

I had her try the factory savage and it is definitely to long. She is 5'3 so not very long arms.

Actually if you're in a pinch all you need is the stock if you have a savage of your own. Swap stocks. There it is in action, both my friend and my girlfriend harvested elk with it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 24
I went from my Remington to savage for the longer LOP. I also went with the HS precision stock in 308 and 260:') Not sure if factory is as short as the Remington.

Actually if you're in a pinch all you need is the stock if you have a savage of your own. Swap stocks. There it is in action, both my friend and my girlfriend harvested elk with it.

Keep that girlfriend! I wish my wife would hunt with me. To the op that's awesome your wife wants to shoot. Good luck with your search.

Might want to give the Savage lady hunter a look. My wife is the same height and it fits her like a glove..... Just a heads up, if she's recoil sensitive I'd stay away from the 30-06 in a light rifle. She hunts with it no problem but have a hard time getting her to target shoot with it much.

Another option to consider if it comes down to it is to go with an AR 10 platform with an adjustable stock. I'd run it in 6.5cm

That is one gun of mine I would never sell. I have a 308 rhino arms. 3" groups at 500 yards and recoils like a 22 mag