• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTB-Reloading equipment

Toddmonty

Looking to reload .338 Lapua & 6.5 Creedmoor ammo.

I'd be interested in suggestions on which dies are best & which equipment would work best!!!!

A full reloading kit would probably be my best bet, but don't really know!!!!

Thx for the help in advance!!!

Would even be interested in buying some used stuff if anyone on here has what I need!!!

I would stick with RCBS and or Redding dies.
I have never had trouble with those two but I have had trouble with LEE, Pacific, Hornady. I have never used Lyman. Good luck

Thx!!!

I met with a guy that reloads for a living and visited his shop. He had 100's of dies. I noticed he only had 3 Hornady, 4 Lee, and about 10 Redding. The other 80+ was RCBS!! I ask him why???? He told me the 3 Hornady dies were the only ones available in those calibers (bastard caliber) at the time he needed them. The Lee were old ones from back in the day (worked better than Hornady, but not much). The Redding Dies were his (Match) ones & he really liked them!! But for the $$$, you couldn't beat RCBS!!

He advised me to get a RCBS Rock Chucker press kit & RCBS competition dies in the 2 calibers I want to shoot. He would then show me how to set up press/dies & reload to get very accurate results. He is going to reload 200 .338 Lapua & 200 6.5 Creedmoor with me to make sure everything is "understood" in his words!!

I've owned them all and have to agree that Redding and RCBS have proven to be the best. For serious competition and long range hunting I'm partial to the Redding Competition dyes. I've been using the same RCBS Rockchucker press for 35 years. Just kept it lubed.