WTB Pre-XMark Pro Remington Trigger

TexHunt

Gents,

I am in the process of a custom build using a Surgeon action and have decided on going with a factory remington trigger, I would like to use an older version as I have not had good feedback on the X-mark Pro.

Please let me know if you have or know where I can find one of the older remington triggers.

Thanks,

I pulled my X-mark Pro trigger out and replaced it with a Rifle Basics trigger set at 2 lbs., and never have had a problem. The original trigger could not be adjusted much below 3 lbs., so an aftermarket trigger was the answer. Jewell and Timney are other options with the Jewell being double the price of the Rifle Basics or the Timney and perhaps not as rugged for field use. Lots of folks use the Jewell in the field so poll others on the Jewell.

I have used x-mark pro adjustable, imo my favorite. i have spent the money on a jewel and timney straight trigger, all at 1.5 lbs. i have owned a savage w/ accu-trigger(my least favorite of the bunch) the trigger i have on my LR hunting rifle at the moment is a factory Xmark pro(the older one, not the one screw ajustable one) i tuned it myself to 2lbs, clean consistent break, no creep, smooth... love it and safe. check on ebay think i payed $45 for mine used. ill never pay $130 or $200 for a trigger again.

Thanks One shot, I never thought to look on Ebay, I found a couple on there I can bid on.

This was the route Surgeon action recommended for my application, Hunting, rather than a jewell. I don't want to cut any corners, but don't mind saving a few bucks either.

I have pre xmark pre jlock I am haveing it replaced today for Jewell just acquired rifle today from forum member if interested PM me.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.