• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTB: Norwegian Krag-Jorgensonrifle

Gert Odendaal

Good day members

A good friend of mine is a collector of historical rifles used in the Boer War /British Anglo war...rifles like the Mauser, Krag-Jorgenson ect...

He is specific on the lookout for a Norwegian Krag- Jorgenson...if you have any contact details of a person who may have such a rifle to sell ,I really would appreciate it very much...he is situated in South Africa .The person who have such a rifle and want to sell it please be so kind as to respond . I really would like to hear from you. Here is an explanation of what my friend Willie Barnard are looking for:

My need/wish is specifically for a Norwegian Krag in 6,5 x 58. I am a collector of military firearms in the theme "the Battle between Boer and Brit 1877 to 1914". Not many people are aware that the Boer republics imported a small number of Krag Jorgenssons in this calibre before the outbreak of the hostilities in 1898. This is regarded as the holy grail of Boer War collectors.

Because a real Boer War Krag Jorgensson is probably unobtainable, I am willing to settle for a rifle even of post Boer war manufacture, provided it is in most aspects identical to the rifles used by the Boers. My pre-requisites include the calibre. My hopes were very high when a Krag Jorgensson without stock came on an auction a few months ago. I determined that the 30-40 Krag's stock would fit, and that they are apparently quite easy to obtain in the US. Unfortunately I was not so fortunate to get hold of it.

I am thus on the lookout for another opportunity like this.

Regarding the import of rifles by a visiting hunter, it can be done, but it is becoming more and more difficult. Apparently one of the worst difficulties is to get a certificate of final export from US authorities. This has to be done before the rifle leaves the US, and there are all kinds of conditions relating to end user certificates, possible military application etc. Etc. There is a government organisation called BATF – i am sure you know them!

Kind Regards

Gert