• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTB Manners EH1/McMillan Game Warden

You might try Ryan Pierce. He usually as the EH1 in stock. If doesn't, he should have them a lot quicker than waiting on Manners go build you one.

Products - Stocks - Piercision Rifles

You might also try his cheek piece. Although I've never used/seen one, it looks a lot lighter than buying an adjustable stock. I just sold my Manners T2A and am buying an EH1 in a search for a lighter rifle. Ryan is rebarreling to 28 Nosler while he's got it.

Products - Stock Accessories - Piercision Rifles

Appreciate that... Thank you all for your help and suggestions

I think I am going to just order from Manners. Yes it is a long wait time but I will get exactly what I want and not settle on a color etc... My impatience has frustrated me in the end too many times and I wind up settling.

On another note - I found these cheek rests about three years ago and had them on two different rifles. They are pretty awesome and the owner is great to deal with.

adjustable cheek rest bradley adjustable cheek rest

I think you can order a McMillan with a kydex cheek piece. They reinforce the edge to accommodate the pressure from the bolts otherwise you run the chance of crushing your stock. Don't quote me on that but I'm about 98% sure they advise not addi those types of cheek welds on a non-reinforced edge stock.

Get a DE cheek rest. They are cheap, and extremely stable. I haven't had mine shift in 3 seasons of hard hunting. Gives you your adjustability with a couple ounces weight added. WAY lighter than a EH-1A. I run this setup on my EH-1 and it works wonders. It's the BDU style rifle in the front. There are other kydex cheek rests but the Defensive Edge has those nice low profile bolts perfect for hunting.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender_zpstfx66gxc.jpg
    FullSizeRender_zpstfx66gxc.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 10
I think you can order a McMillan with a kydex cheek piece. They reinforce the edge to accommodate the pressure from the bolts otherwise you run the chance of crushing your stock. Don't quote me on that but I'm about 98% sure they advise not addi those types of cheek welds on a non-reinforced edge stock.

I appreciate the info. I ordered the Manners EH1 last night. If I need a cheek rest I will probably go with the bradley or defensive edge.

Get a DE cheek rest. They are cheap, and extremely stable. I haven't had mine shift in 3 seasons of hard hunting. Gives you your adjustability with a couple ounces weight added. WAY lighter than a EH-1A. I run this setup on my EH-1 and it works wonders. It's the BDU style rifle in the front. There are other kydex cheek rests but the Defensive Edge has those nice low profile bolts perfect for hunting.

Looks like a nice set of rifles! I am liking the DE cheek rest... Did you paint everything yourself?

Manners used to offer LRI adjustable cheek Hardware as an option. It weighs about 2.5 ounces.

I called Manners about the LRI hardware. It was explained to me that they used to offer it and they still do offer it but it is not really worth it. Reason being is the hardware itself is lighter but installed in the stock there is only about two ounces of weight savings because there is less material taken out of the stock to install the LRI hardware vs. the KMW hardware. In addition, I was told that the KMW hardware is superior to the LRI. I figured I would post it for your information...

Looks like a nice set of rifles! I am liking the DE cheek rest... Did you paint everything yourself?

Thanks. Details for those two are in my sig.

No, Rbros build and coated the BDU rifle. The DCU rifle colors are molded into the stock so no painting needed. I have painted my coyote and prairie dog rifles, and I was very pleased with them compared to professional jobs.

I run this setup on my EH-1 and it works wonders.

If you don't mind, how do you like your EH1? How does it handle the recoil from the 300 win mag? What kind of hunting do you do with it? Do you have any gripes about it? I am looking for a stock to put on my 300 wsm to use it for pretty much anything and everything from shooting off the bench at the range to carrying it up a mountain and I am seriously considering the EH1.