• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTB Manners EH1/McMillan Game Warden

PRCLITE

Looking for a lightweight quality stock. Prefer the inlet for Stiller TAC30 but Rem700 SA will work. Varmint/Sendero contour and prefer BDL bottom metal but will work with most.

My apologies, I did find what I was looking for just don't have the funds at the moment. I called and spoke with Justin at McMillan. I am 99% settled on the game scout adjustable but I have not ordered it yet. Still tossing around the Manners EH-1A

My apologies, I did find what I was looking for just don't have the funds at the moment. I called and spoke with Justin at McMillan. I am 99% settled on the game scout adjustable but I have not ordered it yet. Still tossing around the Manners EH-1A

Almost apples and oranges unless you're talking about a EDGE fill.

I have a GS and an EH1 in that order, had I known how nice the eh1 was I would never bought the GS. I'd take that eh1 over a reg fill GS any day.

Almost apples and oranges unless you're talking about a EDGE fill.

I have a GS and an EH1 in that order, had I known how nice the eh1 was I would never bought the GS. I'd take that eh1 over a reg fill GS any day.

I was actually talking about the edge fill... my holdup is if I should get the adjustable if I go with the EH1

I was actually talking about the edge fill... my holdup is if I should get the adjustable if I go with the EH1

I don't think its necessary for the eh1, but yes on the GS which is why I was thinking about selling my GS to get the game hunter. If I were spending that kind of money for an edge fill I wouldn't weigh it down w/ an adjustable piece, but thats me. The GS edge vs normal fill wasn't enough difference for the cash. I think its like 6oz difference.. the gs is a light stock.

My goal is ultimately lightweight but then again a lot of stocks are lightweight compared to the T4A with mini chassis I just sold... I am running a stiller action, 20MOA rail and a NF 4-16x50 ATACR. I called manners and Tom said the EH1 is going to be really close but suggested the adjustable to be safe. I am just trying to figure out if the adjustable game scout would be a better fit...

I have both. I wouldn't get the adjustable cheek with the manners, they use KMW hardware which is very heavy, more so than the McMillan. It defeats the purpose of the lightweight stock. A cheek pad is much lighter and all you really need with either.

If going the McMillan route I'd get the game warden over the manners in case you decide on heavier barrel down the road.

McMillan will be your fastest route if you go with one of the ones they have in stock. Therapy keep both in stock in several colors ready to I let for your setup, turnaround is a few weeks.

I totally understand what you are saying... I tend to really push my cheek down tight to the stock. I'm not sure a cheek pad will be enough. Here is a picture of my T4A for reference. You can tell how far up I have it adjusted...

Attachments

• T4A.jpg
    T4A.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 14
If lightweight is the goal the edge carbon fill is great. I went with a game scout and after adding adj cheek rest it was not light anymore for my needs. It also seemed like it had a really short forend. I stopped by Manners a while back and checked out the eh-1 and ordered one on the spot without the cheek hardware. It think it will work for me and it sounds about what your looking for. I ordered the tactical elite carbon shell, really sharp stock and great to deal with.

If lightweight is the goal the edge carbon fill is great. I went with a game scout and after adding adj cheek rest it was not light anymore for my needs. It also seemed like it had a really short forend. I stopped by Manners a while back and checked out the eh-1 and ordered one on the spot without the cheek hardware. It think it will work for me and it sounds about what your looking for. I ordered the tactical elite carbon shell, really sharp stock and great to deal with.

What scope and rail are you using? Are you getting rid of your game scout?

You might try Ryan Pierce. He usually as the EH1 in stock. If doesn't, he should have them a lot quicker than waiting on Manners go build you one.

Products - Stocks - Piercision Rifles

You might also try his cheek piece. Although I've never used/seen one, it looks a lot lighter than buying an adjustable stock. I just sold my Manners T2A and am buying an EH1 in a search for a lighter rifle. Ryan is rebarreling to 28 Nosler while he's got it.

Products - Stock Accessories - Piercision Rifles