• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

WTB Hawken + accessories

Troutslayer2

I want to take a dive into muzzle loading. I am interested in a percussion cap Hawken. It seems there are plenty of these in existence but not a lot of them new available to buy. I'd be especially interested in someone willing to sell a whole kit with all of the loading/powder dispensing and other gizmos that one needs. Hoping to find a twist rate fast enough to shoot most projectiles, and a barrel on the shorter side. My freezer is full this year but I want to one day be able to take advantage of the Montana heritage season and maybe a few of the weapons restricted areas. I am looking for a challenge.

I want to take a dive into muzzle loading. I am interested in a percussion cap Hawken. It seems there are plenty of these in existence but not a lot of them new available to buy. I'd be especially interested in someone willing to sell a whole kit with all of the loading/powder dispensing and other gizmos that one needs. Hoping to find a twist rate fast enough to shoot most projectiles, and a barrel on the shorter side. My freezer is full this year but I want to one day be able to take advantage of the Montana heritage season and maybe a few of the weapons restricted areas. I am looking for a challenge.
What caliber?