• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED NEW .54cal Hawken

FrontierGander

This is a BRAND NEW gun! I bought a brand new, complete, stock, and dropped in a Brand New, CVA Hawken barrel.

I used a .54cal 28" 15/16" CVA Hawken barrel, removed all factory stamping, and stamped my own 54 marking on the barrel.

This barrel is a deep groove 1:48 twist and is brand new! Never even had a cap through it.

Rifle weighs slightly under 8lbs.

So lets get to it...

Semi custom, Traditions Hawken Woodsman, .54cal - 1:48 twist, 28" long barrel, 15/16" across the flats. TOTW Hawken rear sight, german silver front sight, set in copper base. Double set triggers that I lightly polished before making the final adjustments. Lock is strong! Spitfire #11 nipple, Hickory ramrod. All of the screws on the under rib and the ramrod thimbles have a thin coating of blue loctite to ensure they do not loosen up. Nipple threads and Clean out screw are fully protected with silver anti seize. Barrel wedge key is tight. I browned the barrel with laurel mountain forge, as well as the rear sight and all screws on the stock.

This is the 4th Traditions that I swapped a CVA 54cal barrel onto, due to hunting regulations in my state, so yes, I know what I am doing LOL. These barrels are fantastic shooters out to 200 yards! Not a fussy barrel, they like a tight patched ball combo!

This is a beautiful big bore that will last some lucky fellow a lifetime!

Asking $535 shipped.

its a heck of a buy folks. The regular traditions hawken .50cal without any of my custom work, sells for $500+ You're getting a brand new, semi custom hawken in 54cal, browned barrel, bedded tang, custom sights for $535 shipped.

Pretty sure I would have snapped this up if PA's late season didn't require flintlock. Very nice!