• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Wtb:(FOUND ONE!) SS REM 700 LA MAG BOLT!

killntime

I am looking for a stainless bolt body for a long action rem 700 in 300 win mag!i would prefer a "new take-off" or one in excellent shape that has not had the luggs lapped as the one i have was lapped and now has .008 total headspace! Go and no-go guages only have .004 difference so this i would think is too much! I don't have a gunsmith around here to set the barrel back and adjust the headspace for me! The gun has only been fired 6 times but apparentley the previous owner lapped the luggs before shooting and it now has excessive headspace! (i'm glad i check headspace before shooting new guns!) i tried another bolt from a new gun and the headspace is good so i think the luggs are good it's just the bolt luggs are the issue! I would also be interested in a bolt body in stainless that is fluted and is threaded for an aftermarket bolt knob! I would also trade mine for one that has not been altered! Thanks for reading my long post!