• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTB-changed directions

Re: WTB-Lightweight 25 Cal accurate bolt gun

Sorry, I was elsewhere....

Replied .

Hoping for a 25-06 to replace a heavy one I am retiring, if I can find a lighter rig....but you never know..lol

Thank you

Allen

BTT

Any flat shooting 25's out there?

Thanks

Allen

Allen,

I have a mint condition Remington Classic 25-06 that I put a Fujinon 3-9x scope on and it weighs in at 8lb 15 oz. with a one piece long action base, rings and scope.

I have only shot some Rem 120 grain bullets through it for basic sighting in for deer season. They shot under 1". However, I didn't use it because I have my Ithaca LSA-65 in 25-06 and I just can't stop using it. Everyone has a favorite gun. This Ithaca is mine.

Any interest in Browning BLR 81 in .257 Roberts? 20" barrel, Nikon Prostaff 3-9x 50mm scope :D Sorry not a bolt gun.

Hi, bullgator. Thanks for the interest but right now I am thinnin the herd. My brother uses a BLR in .308 and loves it.

Thanks for the info on your remington classic.

I have 3 ea 8 1/2# guns in my vault, looking for something 7 1/2# or less......

Thanks

Allen

Last edited:

Allen, I had 2 25-06's for awhile. One was a Weatherby Ultralight which I sold because I always seem to take my Browning B-78. The B-78 is not heavy by any means and with a 26" barrel it is about the same length as a bolt gun with a 22" tube. It shoots lights out. The Weatherby shot about 1 moa with selected loads and certainly was plenty accurate for the hunting I did with it. The Weatherby had a great trigger and was around 7 pounds or less with a fairly large scope. Tom gun)

I had similar issues and ended up with a Tikka T3 Lite SS in 2506 with a Kahles scope. VERY light and shoots like a dream.

Thanks

I am leaning that way also. How was accuracy with yours? Any idea what the weight was scoped?

Thank you

Allen

With the Tikka, 110gr Accubonds and IMR 4350 45.5gr, I routinely shoot 3 at 100yards that are touching. The Kahles scope is 14 ounces. I took a big Oklahoma buck quartering away this fall with it and the Accubond impressed me as it went through lungs and the off side shoulder.

I pulled my targets that only had groups that all were touching from the Tikka and they include Nosler 85gr. BT using RL19 and Sierra 75gr HP with H4831.

It's a dandy.

Thanks for the Tikka info.

Shoot me a PM on the wssm. I have a 243 wssm in a browning synthetic and love it, and a 25, imho, stepps it up enough for my out of state plans.

Thanks

Allen